• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bernanke: Negative interest rates are coming

I believe if the gov perceive any electronic forms of value storage or transport are against they're interest they could shut them down, in the US, overnight.
or make them poof out of existence

"what money? there was no money here, you are crazy"

the contrarian investing was always kind of weird to me, my understanding may be off but the contrarian investing chooses to put money into assets that are overvalued by the investor community (such as tech and social media stocks, way overvalued and have no asset backing to its equity)

I have always been a contrarian investor. You can make money consistently buying low and selling high. You only can buy things low when everyone else is selling (contrarian) and sell when they are high (when everyone else but you is buying).
One can also make money buying high and selling higher. But there you run the risk of missing the cycle and riding your asset price all the way down or at least taking a significant hit on your investment. I don't have the tolerance for that kind of gambling.

I have always been a contrarian investor. You can make money consistently buying low and selling high. You only can buy things low when everyone else is selling (contrarian) and sell when they are high (when everyone else but you is buying).
One can also make money buying high and selling higher. But there you run the risk of missing the cycle and riding your asset price all the way down or at least taking a significant hit on your investment. I don't have the tolerance for that kind of gambling.
ok, that makes sense. i figure i would be of that mindset to. although im more cautious than a deer and am more focused on the estate building aspect right now (building a wealth base before using money to play with more so)

So how is it working out for Japan, the leader in money printing?

Front page of the Wall Street Journal today: Japan’s Negative-Rate Experiment Is Floundering

"Participants in the Japanese markets have less conviction than Mr. Kuroda. In interviews, they describe a banking and finance system that is increasingly scrambled by negative rates and their consequences.
“Every day is like being Alice in Wonderland,” said Tomohisa Fujiki, head of interest-rate strategy at BNP Paribas Securities Japan. “Interest-rate levels are having little effect on credit demand, the market function is declining. You can’t expect everything to go according to plan.”"

So how is it working out for Japan, the leader in money printing?

Front page of the Wall Street Journal today: Japan’s Negative-Rate Experiment Is Floundering

"Participants in the Japanese markets have less conviction than Mr. Kuroda. In interviews, they describe a banking and finance system that is increasingly scrambled by negative rates and their consequences.
“Every day is like being Alice in Wonderland,” said Tomohisa Fujiki, head of interest-rate strategy at BNP Paribas Securities Japan. “Interest-rate levels are having little effect on credit demand, the market function is declining. You can’t expect everything to go according to plan.”"
cant read the full story

but i dont have to. negative interest rates are..........stupid?

Back
Top Bottom