• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bcg won’t retract back fully

I can push the buffer back with my finger no problem and it’s smooth. The lower is in mint condition…not new but not disrespected. I’ll pull the spring out in the a.m. and check it out. From what I have researched, it may be the buffer tube alignment
I bet you’re on to something with that alignment thought process. Sucks man.

On the bright side, this makes me thankful that I didn’t go with LMT for my most recent build.

I bet you’re on to something with that alignment thought process. Sucks man.

On the bright side, this makes me thankful that I didn’t go with LMT for my most recent build.
IMG_0782.jpeg

Go with Noveske and you’ll never be disappointed

I’ve seen some real crap out of LMT in the past couple of years.
After further inspection this morning

-Buffer retracts fully with wood dowel (smooth)
-Inspected the spring and it looks fine
-BCG does not get stuck if I remove rear takedown pin. It will cycle almost perfectly (slight resistance)
-swapped buffer systems from another lower and had same results

Dragging on the hammer?

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 9
After further inspection this morning

-Buffer retracts fully with wood dowel (smooth)
-Inspected the spring and it looks fine
-BCG does not get stuck if I remove rear takedown pin. It will cycle almost perfectly (slight resistance)
-swapped buffer systems from another lower and had same results

Dragging on the hammer?
Perhaps, I don't have the skills to know what I would be looking for in a hammer dragging situation. Is the threaded part where your buffer tube screws into square with the sides of the lower?

Pull your charging handle out and see if it is bent. Friend had one that wouldn't cycle and it turned out the charging handle was bent up. Replaced charging handle and everything was good again. Just something else to check.

There is an issue with the alignment of the bore of the upper receiver and the threaded portion of the lower receiver where the receiver extension screws in. That’s my opinion without actually having it in my shop.

Back
Top Bottom