300 BO not locking back

I took the liberty to check into Freedom Munitions 300 BLK and I read on a couple of a post that the ammo was causing problems in cycling. And it wasn't just one instance there were a few people that were having problems with that ammo in particular. Just for the sake of knocking that possibility out I would try if you can to run by the store and pick up some high velocity good top manufacturers ammo.

Will do! I have to run to Gainesville on Thursday so I'm going to grab a couple boxes while I'm there.
I didn't see this before my last post. I just did a quick review search and that ammo has caused issues for a number of post and I just scratched the surface. Just those out alone was enough to make me leary. As another post in this thread said 300 BLK could be finicky with ammo. I just read that after I saw thst post and did a search.

UPDATE!!

I got the 300 running perfectly. Confirmed it was short stroking on the Freedom Munitions 147 and did the same on Barnes 120 grain, but American Eagle 150 grain ran fine with the standard spring. Once I swapped to a lower power spring it ran everything perfectly. Locked back on single rounds, fed smoothly on stacked mags and ejected right to my 3:30-4 about 6 to 8 feet. Ended up swapping the standard carbine buffer spring for a Nemo 300 Blackout Carbine Spring and kept the carbine buffer weight.

The freedom munitions ammo was a tad on the weak side, but that was not the only issue. I think the barrel may be slightly under gassed but I would rather swap the spring than drill the gas port.

Here is the link Incase anyone comes across this thread looking for a solution to the same problem!

Attachments

• PXL_20230206_185516899.jpg
    PXL_20230206_185516899.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom