300 BO not locking back

There does not appear to be any gas leaking out around the gas block. So that's good news.

Attachments

• PXL_20230129_211105571.jpg
    PXL_20230129_211105571.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230129_211111674.jpg
    PXL_20230129_211111674.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 6
How did you check if air was moving freely through the tube?

Gas key can be tight and you can still be losing gas from under it.

Plugged the champer with a spent cartridge, blew air through the muzzle and stuck my pinky up inside the upper to the belled end of the tube. Tons coming out the belled end.

The bolt outrunning the mag is a rare phenomenon. Also, it wouldn't stop the bolt from locking to the rear when empty.

Isn't the bolt catch reliant on the mag follower to press it upwards in order to lock the bolt back? Not trying to be argumentative or anything I'm just trying to make sure I understand.

Isn't the bolt catch reliant on the mag follower to press it upwards in order to lock the bolt back? Not trying to be argumentative or anything I'm just trying to make sure I understand.

I have never seen a bolt run so fast that the bolt won't lack back.

When the spring is pushing up rounds to feed, it moves faster and faster as the load gets lighter and lighter. When it pushes up just the follower, after feeding the last round, that's faster than she's ever moved.

When the spring is pushing up rounds to feed, it moves faster and faster as the load gets lighter and light. When it pushes up just the follower, after feeding the round, that's faster than she's ever moved.

Ok that makes a lot of sense! Thanks!

When the spring is pushing up rounds to feed, it moves faster and faster as the load gets lighter and lighter. When it pushes up just the follower, after feeding the last round, that's faster than she's ever moved.

I find that interesting. What accounts for this action?

You were saying that the follower moves fastest after the last round. I understand the the weight on top of the follower diminishes as the rounds are fed off. Is this not overcome by the increased force of the spring as it is loaded? Maybe the the follower moves slowest after the last round? A loaded magazine has a lot of frictional forces going on too so maybe this attributes to the phenomenon more than I am able to realize. I find this point interesting.

Back
Top Bottom