• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bcg won’t retract back fully

Robbie_Luman

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
Noveske upper on lmt mars lower. Pull charging handle back and it gets jammed up about half way then stuck. Have to use my thumb to push the bcg back into battery. Put the Noveske upper on Noveske lower and she is fine (rules out anything with the upper).

Out of spec lower? Buffer tube?

Have you tried pushing the buffer back with your finger, or a dowel rod?
What happens then?
Is the lower new, or well used? factory assembled or a home job? Dropped in mud?
what size buffer tube/what size buffer?
What spring? have you checked to make sure it isn't broken?

Have you tried pushing the buffer back with your finger, or a dowel rod?
What happens then?
Is the lower new, or well used? factory assembled or a home job? Dropped in mud?
what size buffer tube/what size buffer?
What spring? have you checked to make sure it isn't broken?
I can push the buffer back with my finger no problem and it’s smooth. The lower is in mint condition…not new but not disrespected. I’ll pull the spring out in the a.m. and check it out. From what I have researched, it may be the buffer tube alignment

I’ve seen LMT’s with pockets, magwells, and such not in the center of the receiver. The ones that I’ve seen were so bad that a visual inspection can spot it.

With the LMT lower separated from the upper, can you use a dowel or similar to easily push the buffer fully to the rear? If so, does it return smoothly?

When the BCG becomes stuck, is the charging handle stuck with it, or does it move easily forward?

Could be an issue with the hammer dragging on the carrier.

Bring it by TruPrep in Marietta and I’ll diagnose it for free.

I’ve seen LMT’s with pockets, magwells, and such not in the center of the receiver. The ones that I’ve seen were so bad that a visual inspection can spot it.

With the LMT lower separated from the upper, can you use a dowel or similar to easily push the buffer fully to the rear? If so, does it return smoothly?

When the BCG becomes stuck, is the charging handle stuck with it, or does it move easily forward?

Could be an issue with the hammer dragging on the carrier.

Bring it by TruPrep in Marietta and I’ll diagnose it for free.
I’ll check with a wood dowel tomorrow morning. When the bcg gets stuck the CH moves freely

Back
Top Bottom