Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Advance

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Deka

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Tacos of course

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Yeah about that 3 year warranty battery, is it designed for the typical use case that leaves their car out 365x7 ?
Can you expect anything different if you keep yours in an attached or heated garage and only drive it once a week? Will it last about the same or last any longer?

13 years on the factory batteries (2) in my Dodge truck. Sitting outside 365 days a year in Colorado unless it was on the road.

I doubt I'd even get the same out of the 2 DEKA in it now but IDGAF because my 2020 is on order.

I go for Interstate because of their support of Nascar. The longest running sponsorship in the sport. In relation to Joe Gibbs Racing.

Do y'all change your battery when it's bad or as a maintenance item?

On the days the car is not driven, I keep a NOCO 1.1amp smart charger on the battery to keep sulfates from accumulating on the lead plates. Sulfation can reduce storage capacity and wear it out prematurely.

This has been an interesting read. In the last 17 years I think I’ve bought about 8 batteries for 5 different cars. I lived 9 of those years in Minnesota. None of the issues have been with the car charging systems. The batteries just go bad and either would not hold a charge or would go dead in a few hours. Most batteries were right at 3 years when they failed. Some were OEM most were from WalMart.

I’m pretty sure the manufacturers have just learned to make a battery that lasts 3 years.

Buy the cheapest you can and be prepared to replace it in about 36 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just replaced my 8 y/o Optima with the best battery on the market.
Odyssey.
I don’t buy cheap tires either.

EDB2BCA6-3C47-4BDE-94D2-61052A51E55C.jpeg
2/2012 born on date. 8 years in a truck that sit more than it drives.

9B295804-BA63-4014-B723-29DB37BC37FC.jpeg

I had a guy in the shop the other day. Guy just bought truck and wanted us to replace 4 year old red top battery. Customer thought it was only a matter of time and asked us to replace it. I called him and told him the battery state of health was perfect and I would not. I was impressed

I just replaced my 2, 6 year old Deka's in my Excursion with the Duracell's from Sam's. They are both built by the same family owned company in Pa.
Speaking of ford and batteries, the motorcraft ones last a long time. My 2010 f150 just got a new battery in 2018 which, ironically, is about when the engine was finished.

Back
Top Bottom