• Tacos of course

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I just got through shopping around online and saw some new brand batteries I wasnt familiar with. Thought Id do a poll and get the Odts experience on battery longevity. My personal best has been with Excide when Napa carried them. Had a 7 year battery go 10+. Duralast has been meh but definitely not worth it now days for what they cost. Right now Im running 3 Interstates, two Everstart, and one Batteries Plus. Ive got tenders on 3 of them that mostly sit. I dont remember who makes who but I realize most are made by the same manufacturer.

The retailers have all jumped their prices in the last 4 months, except walmart.

Our operation purchases 60+ batteries a year, so I trend to watch prices.

Had a Duralast go for 6 yrs with no issues - replaced it only due to age. Got two Advance Silvers now that are 6 & 7 yrs old and starting up fine. I have also had a Mopar battery last 6 yrs and replaced only because it was old.

I'm not loyal to one brand really, so is there a Taco choice? :D:D

I think it’s a crap shoot now days. Exide at one time was my preference. Found out they had sold out / been bought out and weren’t the same. I’ve got a O’Reillys in my 2010 F150 that’s four years old and doing well. Not sure who makes it and don’t really think it matters anymore. Got a 7 year old Duralast in my Bronco... go figure.

Had a Duralast go for 6 yrs with no issues - replaced it only due to age. Got two Advance Silvers now that are 6 & 7 yrs old and starting up fine. I have also had a Mopar battery last 6 yrs and replaced only because it was old.

I'm not loyal to one brand really, so is there a Taco choice? :D:D
Poll fixed

Back
Top Bottom