• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2013 Honda Pilot starter/battery question

BamaBrad

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
I replaced the starter today and once the new one was installed the very best (subjective, I know) result I got was continuous clicking, fast continuous clicking but the car would not start. The dash lights, radio, locks and windows work but it won’t start.

I got a new battery for the car as I was registering 11.0 on the old battery. I’m not sure if that was a problem or caused it to just click like it did. With the new battery in it doesn’t click?

Curious what, mechanics better than me think might be the issue? I am no mechanic by a long shot but I’m stumped.

Battery is dead. Probably was the problem before the starter replacement….. Unfortunately batteries change with weather conditions.

That was my thinking also. I put a new battery in and the only thing that happens is the electrical comes on. No clicking like I had with the old battery in it.

Are you store your starter wires are hooked up correctly ? It sounds like you may have grounded your relay signal wire, or your main power for the vehicle. I know it seems excessive but did you take pics of the wiring before removing the starter to assure you hooked it back up correctly?

Back
Top Bottom