"Bath Salts" Caused Cannibal Attack?

Imagine how much less of these dangerous synthetic drugs like spice and bath salts would be around if things like pot were legal. You wouldn't even have to ban it. Legalize pot, and watch the synthetic market dwindle down to nothing.

Would not dwindle, only increase. Check Norway where they tried to legalize drugs, use increased, crime increased to be able to buy the drugs. I don't know what the solution would be, but legalization is no the one.

On second thought I do know the solution..........Turn it over to the department of energy and the cost would go so high that noone could afford it, and couldn't steal enough...........No drugs!!!!!!!!!!

Would not dwindle, only increase. Check Norway where they tried to legalize drugs, use increased, crime increased to be able to buy the drugs. I don't know what the solution would be, but legalization is no the one.

Not sure if this link will work as I'm posting from my phone.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_liberalization#section_4

Check out Portugal. I'm interested in your source which says it has failed in Norway.

I think, though, that you're asking the wrong question. What is the price of true freedom? A few more people willingly making the choice to hurt themselves? Sorry, but that's worth it to me. Freedom isn't always the safest of prettiest answer, but it's very often, more often than not, the right answer.

I was at a gas station last night, and I saw a pack of "spice"/potpourri in a case.. It was called "Skunk". Said it was the "fragrance of skunk" and said it was not for ingestion, but for "fragrance use only"..
ಠ_ಠ

Imagine how much less of these dangerous synthetic drugs like spice and bath salts would be around if things like pot were legal. You wouldn't even have to ban it. Legalize pot, and watch the synthetic market dwindle down to nothing.

I disagree.

I think the people who are into "bath salts" and heroin, and LSD, Cocaine, Meth, and such are past pot. It is usually something people try before they get to the harder stuff.

I think legalization would have no effect. People who get messed up on the hard stuff will certainly not just revert to a "mellower" option. I think they are out to get jacked up on something real bad regardless of what other options may be available for them.

Everyone has their own opinnion on this, but I have seen the progression in the drug world first hand. NOT pretty, but it is lasting. I have a 53 year old son that has the maturity of a 15 year old and the IQ suitsble to a mensa canidate. Total waste.

The thing with the designer drugs is the government will catch on and ban them, but if the chemist who created them changes 1 ingredient it's not the same and will be rebranded and sold. It's a continuous cycle.

The thing with the designer drugs is the government will catch on and ban them, but if the chemist who created them changes 1 ingredient it's not the same and will be rebranded and sold. It's a continuous cycle.

And with every successive change the drugs become more dangerous to the body and their effects on the mind become more and more unpredictable.

Many "real" drugs aren't as bad for you as you would think. MDMA was developed as an aid to couples in marriage counseling. It is very safe to use in the correct dose and poses almost no danger to the body. It wasn't until the 80's when it was outlawed that it went underground and emerged in the club scene as Ecstasy. By then it was made in underground labs and mixed with God knows what. Heroin was once proclaimed as the miracle drug of medicine. It is still used today in pill form (Percocet, Lortab, Vicodin, etc...) Granted they are synthetic versions but the effects are the same.

The only reason we are still pursuing this ridiculous War on Drugs is that the Federal LE agencies get WAY too much funding because of it. If drugs were legal, that funding goes away.

Back
Top Bottom