• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swarm of yellow jackets in potting soil attack, kill 59-year-old Kentucky man

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
I assume it was yellow jackets and not bees. palmettomoon palmettomoon

A 59-year-old man died in southeastern Kentucky this week after he was attacked by a swarm of bees, a county coroner is reporting.

The area where the man was stung is near the Virginia state line, about 160 miles southeast of Lexington.

According to the coroner, the 59-year-old man in the process of moving an old bag of potting soil from his porch on Monday when he was stung by a swarm of bees from inside the bag.

Family who witnessed the attack attempted CPR until an ambulance arrived and transported the man to a hospital where the coroner reported he was pronounced dead at 5:50 p.m. Monday.

Official cause of death remains under investigation. The man's identity was being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, the coroner said.

The coroner said the man's official cause of death remains under investigation pending official autopsy results.

1695313847240.jpeg

Whoah. I'm pretty observant and aware of what's going around me...... Luckily I spotted the yellow bastards immediately and hauled ass. Only one got in the car with me and when he lit on my glove I grabbed him and crushed his soulless ass to death. I was prepared to go to war though. I have fine mesh material I was going to clip to a frame to drop on the hole and then pour gasoline from a bucket on it and watch them meet their maker (The Father of Lies).

I had two other buckets and a buddy to watch for another exit hole. 5 gallons of gasoline. Long sleeved shirts, brimmed hats and more netting to cover our heads and shoulders, tape for the pants legs and leather gloves. I was ready but when George blew dust all over their main entrance, they didn't attack. It might have been past their "outside time." I decided to leave well enough alone. No sense borrowing trouble as I like to say.

Whoah. I'm pretty observant and aware of what's going around me...... Luckily I spotted the yellow bastards immediately and hauled ass. Only one got in the car with me and when he lit on my glove I grabbed him and crushed his soulless ass to death. I was prepared to go to war though. I have fine mesh material I was going to clip to a frame to drop on the hole and then pour gasoline from a bucket on it and watch them meet their maker (The Father of Lies).

I had two other buckets and a buddy to watch for another exit hole. 5 gallons of gasoline. Long sleeved shirts, brimmed hats and more netting to cover our heads and shoulders, tape for the pants legs and leather gloves. I was ready but when George clew dust all over their main entrance, they didn't attack. It might have been past their "outside time." I decided to leave well enough alone. No sense borrowing trouble as I like to say.
Flamethrower...you forgot the flamethrower.

I had two other buckets and a buddy to watch for another exit hole. 5 gallons of gasoline. Long sleeved shirts, brimmed hats and more netting to cover our heads and shoulders, tape for the pants legs and leather gloves. I was ready but when George clew dust all over their main entrance, they didn't attack. It might have been past their "outside time." I decided to leave well enough alone. No sense borrowing trouble as I like to say.
Been stung on 4 separate occasions and each time it hurt for days. I hate them......

Could have been Yellow Jackets. Could also have been Killer Bees. Article had no details (stock photo with no relation to story). And it is Useless Sorry A**Today.
No idea if Killer Bees are in that area; or even if they're still a thing.

I don't know if I've ever told this story but when I was a child, we lived in a subdivision and the lot next to ours was wooded and undeveloped for most of my life. My brother and I would play in it all the time: bike trails, rope swings, forts...all of it. There was this one tree with a thick branch that extended over a big rock and we attached a rope swing to it and would climb up the rock, swing on the rope, and fall into a huge leaf pile we would make every fall.

Well, we hadn't been in the woods much and then we went on vacation...so it had been awhile since we used the rope swing. Random school day and I came home and wanted to swing. I landed in the leaf pile and immediately began getting stung. They had built a nest in the pile and I guess I landed right on it.

I don't remember much about the day but Dad pulled my two front teeth out trying to get my shirt off to beat them off me. He poured gasoline on me. I just remember being very swollen and hot and cold at the same time. I remember this big red NC State blanket and being wrapped up in it in the back of our Buick on the way to hospital. They pulled 33 stingers out of me at the ER. To this day I carry an EpiPen.

I know palmettomoon palmettomoon hates them, but
angry-king-kong.gif

Back
Top Bottom