• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bass Pro? More like Dumb*** Pro

Last aug or sept, there were three employs at the turnstyles asking about weapons, like at a gunshow . Its my one and only visit to the store at Discover Mills (think its been renamed) so I have no idea how often they do it. Regardless they have signs ported
Dang, I've never seen that. I don't frequent bass pro, but when I do, that's the one I go to. I try to support the local guys as much as possible. I walk through there with my kids, look at the fish and cruise by the gun counter for entertainment purposes. That's about it.

Dang, I've never seen that. I don't frequent bass pro, but when I do, that's the one I go to. I try to support the local guys as much as possible. I walk through there with my kids, look at the fish and cruise by the gun counter for entertainment purposes. That's about it.
You guys down there would have a better idea of how they do it. I was left feeling it was SOP

Last aug or sept, there were three employs at the turnstyles asking about weapons, like at a gunshow . Its my one and only visit to the store at Discover Mills (think its been renamed) so I have no idea how often they do it. Regardless they have signs ported

I go there a lot and have never been asked that. Where does it say you have to tell them that you are carrying a concealed weapon? I don't think they are gonna pat you down if you say no or tell them it's none of their business. Where is this "ported" sign? I don't recall seeing a no guns allowed sign.

I agree with the guy that says we should all get jobs there and share our superior knowledge. Instead of beating up BassPro, why dont you look at the reality of the situation: They are probably paying $9 hour, they are open everyday of the week until 10pm which means crappy hours, no benefits unless your fulltime...which results in a SUPER high employee turnover rate. There is probably no training program in place so if you do not have a high knowlegde base of ALL guns, its going to take awhile to gain that knowledge. Lets face it, we are all more knowledgeable on one caliber than another and they are no different.
As far as not being able to conceal carry and a sign being posted thats a bunch of crap, I carry in there weekly and nobody even ask or cares.
If you want to feel the trigger pull, then just ask the guy to remove the trigger gaurd so you can see how it feels or if it will fit in a holster. They are only on there to keep some jackass from pulling a loaded clip out of his pocket and going postal, BassPro lawyers in action.
The big box retailers are going to get the type of employee they pay for, an uninformed or uneducated on the product he is selling...not neccesarily a dumbass.
Hiding behind your computer and saying negative things is not fixing anything.
I'm retired Army and did 3 tours in the sandbox, spent 21 years suppressing terrorism in the free world as you know it today so that you can sit here and complain. If you dont want to work at BassPro and share your superior knowledge then put on a uniform and get your ass over in the sandbox so the rest of my brothers and sisters can come home.
I'm off my soapbox now

I just called the store to clear this issue up. I asked them what their policy on concealed weapons was, she asked if I have a permit and I said yes, wanna guess what she said next? That's right, she said that it is fine of course.

Last edited:
I just called the store to clear this issue up. I asked them what their policy on concealed weapons was, she asked if I have a permit and I said yes, wanna guess what she said next? That's right, she said that it is fine of course.
Well, good. I can only say that when I entered the store there was a sign POSTED and I was asked. If they have changed thats great but they soured me. I wont be back.

I was at that store a couple of weeks ago. I CCW'd in the store, no one asked me a thing about was I carrying. Went and used the restroom, checked out the insanely crazy ammo prices, 180'd and left.

Back
Top Bottom