• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bake your turkey or fry it.

Bake, Fry, or other

• Total voters
I prefer fried. Turned my family on to it and they prefer fried. SIL has one of them electric in the kitchen fryers. That said my wife does an awesome baked turkey and this year we baked and not one complaint that a fryer was not broke out. I got turned on to fried turkey by some cajuns in the mid 80's.

To be honest when I fry my turkey I do nothing to it. I simply take it out of the package, wash it out with the water hose, dry it off and drop it in the oil. Had several people tell me that my fried turkey was the best they have had. I prefer peanut oil but plain ole veggie or corn oil works fine too. For me the trick is to bring the oil up to almost 400 drop in the turkey it will cool the oil then maintain 350 until done.

My uncle invented a device to baste your turkey while it bakes. Basically it is simply the guts from an old style coffee percolater. Place your turkey on the device (spike goes up thru turkey then replace spike with diffuser plate) put turkey in roasting pan with whatever liquid you want for basting, cover and bake.Bastin liquid percolates up thru tube and out onto diffuser plate which distributes liquid all over top of turkey. Wish I could find one of those things...

Last edited:
Try thhe Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer by Char-Broil

Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared oil-less turkey fryer is the safe way to fry your turkey. And because it uses NO oil, it's healthier, too. Prepare your turkey with the same injectable marinade you already use, or use seasoned rubs on the outside, which is not an option with traditional fryers. Cooks a turkey from start-to-finish just as quickly as oil-frying without the messy clean-up.

Attachments

• 12101480.jpg
    12101480.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
Try thhe Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer by Char-Broil

Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared oil-less turkey fryer is the safe way to fry your turkey. And because it uses NO oil, it's healthier, too. Prepare your turkey with the same injectable marinade you already use, or use seasoned rubs on the outside, which is not an option with traditional fryers. Cooks a turkey from start-to-finish just as quickly as oil-frying without the messy clean-up.
no thanks

Back
Top Bottom