• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baitcaster won’t pull in line ?

If it’s a baitcaster and has a full spool of line, I couldn’t see it slipping. OP, when you reel does the spool spin but not the line bale? Or does the spool not spin/retrieve?
if it has a bail its not a bait caster, I have seen line on a bait caster (mostly braid) not spool because its spinning on the spool but if the reel has a bail its not a bait caster and if it is going up and down and the bail is spinning there is only one possibility of why its not reeling in. the line is probably going straight to the first eye and not going through the bail lol

if it has a bail its not a bait caster, I have seen line on a bait caster (mostly braid) not spool because its spinning on the spool but if the reel has a bail its not a bait caster and if it is going up and down and the bail is spinning there is only one possibility of why its not reeling in. the line is probably going straight to the first eye and not going through the bail lol
Yeah no chit. I never said anything about a bail. I get it. I just wonder if it’s possible that the whole BALE of line is slipping on the spool. Couldn’t imagine that happening. Guess we do need to know whether it’s a spinning reel or a baitcaster.

Yeah no chit. I never said anything about a bail. I get it. I just wonder if it’s possible that the whole BALE of line is slipping on the spool. Couldn’t imagine that happening. Guess we do need to know whether it’s a spinning reel or a baitcaster.
Got confused it actually is a spinning reel my bad guys my baitcaster broke 2 weeks ago & it was still in mind

Got confused it actually is a spinning reel my bad guys my baitcaster broke 2 weeks ago & it was still in mind
When you click the spool the line has to be under the bail so it will turn on spool
ECD865BB-3340-40CF-8640-2684833E0E73.jpeg

I ain't gotta clue what's wrong with it.
I do know it shouldn't take a dozen grown ass country bumkins like us to figure out how to use a dang spinning reel.
That's all I got, I'm out

Back
Top Bottom