• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trot line set

My memory may be fuzzy, but I suggest checking reg.s about that in rivers vs lakes.
Trot line? If so they have to have your name and number on them, submerged at least three foot below water level, and for non commercial license no more than 50 hooks.
Jugs? I will not out them in the river they will float away. But in the lake same principle. Name and number and supposed to be within eyesight at all times. Usually I put the jugs out and then drown some minnows crappy fishing.
Weird thing is crawfish trap is legal but not a minnow trap in Georgia. I don't net my bait I catch it on rod and reel. Last time I tried using a cast net it flung out beautiful and I caught the prettiest rock you ever saw and demolished my net.

howl howl here is the actual regs in case I missed anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710-203945.png
    Screenshot_20230710-203945.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20230710-203937.png
    Screenshot_20230710-203937.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 27
It's only Tuesday but already getting excited about setting some lines for the weekend. I plan on setting two this weekend.
Lord willing, Saturday gonna hit the river about 330 or 4 catch a bunch of bait, set lines in river, haul butt over to Allatoona put out some jugs and then crappie fish all night till about 5 am then pull jugs and head back to river to pull lines. Hoping for a big haul if I don't get too tired And abandon ship. Haha. Im young at 43 but still ain't easy staying up all night.

Like the guy on the A team said, " I love it when a plan comes together" well that hasn't been my statement for this week. My work truck blew up got to get another one this weekend, hopefully tomorrow. So hopefully I will still get to run some lines out this weekend.

sprewett sprewett Any updates? I’ve been wanting to hit the river for some cats but no kayak makes it a little more difficult.
Glock 21 Glock 21 I didn't even get to go this weekend. Work stuff had me working 12 hours a day. My work truck blew up. Friday evening I had no way to get work Monday. So got a truck and trailer, instead of box trucks. I spent all weekend working to get ready for more work today. Haha. Guess that's how it goes sometimes when you work for yourself.
But I did catch this just not in a trot line.

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_072232683.jpg
    IMG_20230715_072232683.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230715_152046023_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_152046023_HDR.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 21
Wild ride putting out the line. River was out of the banks, engine stalled going up river, lightning storm came, but most importantly I got the line set! Will let y'all fellas know in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom