• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Backyard Chicken Farmers

Woke up to a text from the girl friend (I am on night shift) that she went to TSC to get cat food and chicken treats (yes, the chickens get treats because they come up on the front porch and peck on the front door, so they need to be rewarded :doh:); left w/ 22 ISA Brown pullets. They were on sale so I guess she just had to have them. I just hope that they have them sexed correctly this time. Last year, we got a rooster out of every 3 pullets that we bought...

Woke up to a text from the girl friend (I am on night shift) that she went to TSC to get cat food and chicken treats (yes, the chickens get treats because they come up on the front porch and peck on the front door, so they need to be rewarded :doh:); left w/ 22 ISA Brown pullets. They were on sale so I guess she just had to have them. I just hope that they have them sexed correctly this time. Last year, we got a rooster out of every 3 pullets that we bought...

Today was the last day of chick days so they were all being discounted to get them gone.

We had a gentleman walk in Thursday and said to call him Saturday night and he will come buy whatever birds are left no questions asked.

That's basically what she did. Was in the process of buying 10 when a man came in and got some, leaving 12. They dropped the price to .75 per bird if she would take the rest. Which, of course, she did. She then took them back to work w/ her until she got off and brought them home. I already have eggs stacking up, no idea what I am going to do w/ all the eggs once these 22 start laying. I guess I will start giving them away again.

Back
Top Bottom