• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Backyard Chicken Farmers

even with adding new adults with the smaller chicks I have out there, chicks are maybe 9-10 weeks old maybe older and 3 that are a couple weeks younger.

Yes. Just keep an eye on them. If the older ones harass the babies, separate them until the little ones get a bit bigger. We don't separate our's even when a hen hatches biddies. They are all out in the yard together.

ETA: I am not saying that it doesn't happen or won't happen, that they won't fight each other, just say'n that we have never had any issues.

Well I tried to get them all to get along yesterday evening. the adult RIR was a big bullie and ended up staying in her cage last night and not in the coop, the Buff was a sweet girl and couldnt care less about the younger ones so she roosted in the coop last night and is hanging out in the run today with the youngins. the 3 that are 3 months old would have done ok in the coop last night probably but they were a little pecky towards the little ones and didnt want to take the chance of losing any so they stayed the night in their cage. I will try to let them have play time again when I get home, I hang out in the run with them in case things get out of hand. The little ones are hanging out on the perch in the run and chasing flying bugs at night, when I put them in the coop at night they flip their **** and want to get back out soo bad.
IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG

I have a friend in dekalb that has some
Think he is in the city of Decatur though
yup, i checked, decatur actually has a specific written ordinance to allow chickens (not rooster). rest of dekalb requires 200 feet from all property line

hippies in decatur like chickens i guess

Supposed to have clear skies till noon or a little after. Come out tomorrow and show Orchard Hill Poultry, Bob's Chicken Ranch and J & J's Funky Chickens how much you appreciate their efforts each month. Maybe we can drag a few new backyard breeders out to buy, sell and trade. Also if there are any chicks left inside the store come on in and let's negotiate a deal. Minimum of 6 still required but the more you buy the more we'll deal!

Also if anyone here is interested in my offer i will give you 4 pullets tomorrow at the swap and you can go ahead and get all of the supplies you need while you're at the store.

Back
Top Bottom