• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Backyard Chicken Farmers

Why would I want to show the Gold and Brown one? Wife wanted to know if there was something special about them other than being well fed and friendly?

I think the big ones are about 6 weeks and the black ones are maybe 4 weeks
Six weeks should be fine. If you have only one heat lamp then they will both be fine. They will huddle up for what warmth that need. Otherwise if you have two lamps then i'd say do the three six weeks this weekend and the two four weeks once we get through this cold spell.

We may be doing it wrong, but it has worked for the past 3 years. Get them at a few days old. Keep them in house for a few weeks until mostly feathered. They then go outside to a coop w/ no heat/light. Haven't lost any yet. Anytime we have a hen hatch, we do nothing and let mama take care of it.

We may be doing it wrong, but it has worked for the past 3 years. Get them at a few days old. Keep them in house for a few weeks until mostly feathered. They then go outside to a coop w/ no heat/light. Haven't lost any yet. Anytime we have a hen hatch, we do nothing and let mama take care of it.

I put my ducks out at 3 weeks cause i got tired of cleaning the brooder. Between the 3 little ducks and the adult they made enough heat just fine. The other birds i hold onto until 4-6 weeks and put them out. Our weather has been so up and down this month i feel like they should have the lamp as a back up plan.

Back
Top Bottom