• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention pot heads.....

Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert speaks the truth, Laufen Laufen speaks reality. The Bill of Rights begins with, "The Conventions of a number of the States having, at the time of adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added, and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution." It was the States (the people) who are defining in the beginning of our nation what the Government can and cannot regulate. The Second Amendment being something we all hold dear.

Laufen is correct though that since that was written there have been politicians that have tried through legislation and through the courts to limit, infringe, or deny those rights as they see fit. And yes, as a law abiding citizen you would have to comply with the law if and WHEN Hilldog rescinds private ownership of firearms. Of course at that time my guns will go up in a blaze of glory with my stash, right Laufen? :bounce:

I believe it doesn't matter if it's legal...it's reality. If our Second Amendment is amended out of existence there is no legal recourse. Look at those poor bastards in DC before Heller...they had their rights removed. Were they rights then? The courts partially restored their rights, but that hardly sounds like they are in alienable does it? Is it just me, or do our rights seem more like privileges?
Like I said the 2A is already dead.

Funny enough neither have I, but don't tell some of the guys here who think I'm Cheech.
I bet you still know a guy though. I bet everybody knows a guy whether they know they know a guy or not. I bet 75% of he people you meet will do a J in the right setting. The other 25% are either old or have good jobs.

It's dead legally. But like I said it is as a human right that predates our government. It wasn't a privilege that was given to us by the government. The government was actually restricted to never take away that right.

I think he gets it. Conversations are more fun when you can argue. Even if your on the same side i guess. Laufen needs other men to tell him what he can or cant do. Some people are just different like that.

Back
Top Bottom