• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Pro Gun Rally 4/14 EDIT: Permit pulled, legal rally is off...

Where are we seeing the Confederate Celtic poster?

As long as all groups are treated equally, charging for security detail is to be expected. If other groups have not been charged the same, then that is a huge issue.

Spencer 60 please note that the speakers are not all white, and that Chris Hill (3 percent security leader) is married to someone who is not white. Stereotypes can be unfair. I want to see how this $7000 fee that was supposedly added last minute pans out. Chris Hill stated that he was told they had the green light on the permit after the porta potty situation was taken care of by iraqveteran8888. He said they jumped through all the hoops including answering questions from a committee, then this was sprung on him after specifically discussing security at that committee with the very man who is now wanting a check.

If the venue is not secured via permit, I will not attend a march on the sidewalk. I think we are best served by getting this info out that pro gun folks are being unfairly targeted if that is in fact the case. We would need open records on prior rallies to check to see that all groups are being treated the same.

I do hope the issue is resolved though, I'd like very much to attend.

I'm not interested in a GA Security Force rally,

Unfortunately, the Confederate flag-waving rednecks and self-appointed "Generals" in the hick militia will draw so much NEGATIVE attention to our cause that I think it's legitimate for us (our side) to have to pay a deposit of funds to be used to pay for law enforcement officers to provide security for the event. We are likely to attract counter-protesters and draw a violent response from the Antifa / black lives matter/ other Leftist groups.

I don't think a narrowly-focused gun rights rally that leaves off any other issue or cause would need $7000 worth of security, though.

You know what would be a better idea-- probably more effective, too?

Instead of having maybe 1000 people travel from all over the state to Atlanta to protest together, what about encouraging those same 1000 people to INDIVIDUALLY protest on some public sidewalk, the steps of City Hall of their local town, at some park or other community property. Just ONE person, or maybe a small group of 2-3 people (for safety, and so one can operate a video camera in case there's a confrontation). But HUNDREDS of such small protests all across Georgia.
All on the same day.

But not the same time. Let people do it when it fits their schedule. Should be during daylight hours, though.

Small groups of 1-3 people should not ever require any sort of parade permit or demonstration permit. That small of a group won't be presumed to block traffic, interfere with operations of businesses, etc.

Heck, I'm thinking a lot MORE people would be willing to participate if they could do this within 10 miles of where they live and work, and would NOT have to drive for hours, and deal with the trouble and risk of parking in downtown Atlanta (parked cars are broken into so often here!). Instead of 1000 participants, maybe we could get 3000 participants working in 3-person teams at 1000 different locations across Ga.

Unfortunately, the Confederate flag-waving rednecks and self-appointed "Generals" in the hick militia will draw so much NEGATIVE attention to our cause that I think it's legitimate for us (our side) to have to pay a deposit of funds to be used to pay for law enforcement officers to provide security for the event.
Security or not, this will likely be more of a cluster**** Chinese fire drill than anything with a positive media spin for 2A rights. Law abiding 2A supporters should keep as much distance as possible from "militia" activities. There's no upside.

QUOTE: Law abiding 2A supporters should keep as much distance as possible from "militia" activities.

MY COMMENT: And that's sad, because all able-bodied male citizens aged 17-45 are already IN the "unorganized militia" under federal law.

Furthermore, I think the idea of armed and equipped (radios, camping gear, hand tools, other things besides just weapons) local militias to AID and SERVE UNDER the direction of local law enforcement or elected officials in times of danger or disaster are a great idea.

Everybody should be in such a militia, and there should be no gender qualification or age cut-off for that militia. If a 58 year old grandma can hack it, let her in and assign her a role / MOS that fits her interests and skill set.

Ill be ready to watch this wonderful disaster on the news

giphy.gif

QUOTE: Law abiding 2A supporters should keep as much distance as possible from "militia" activities.

MY COMMENT: And that's sad, because all able-bodied male citizens aged 17-45 are already IN the "unorganized militia" under federal law.

Furthermore, I think the idea of armed and equipped (radios, camping gear, hand tools, other things besides just weapons) local militias to AID and SERVE UNDER the direction of local law enforcement or elected officials in times of danger or disaster are a great idea.

Everybody should be in such a militia, and there should be no gender qualification or age cut-off for that militia. If a 58 year old grandma can hack it, let her in and assign her a role / MOS that fits her interests and skill set.
I don't disagree. However, if history is any indicator of what will happen, this isn't going to be predominately a group of people who want to "AID and SERVE UNDER the direction of local law enforcement or elected officials in times of danger or disaster..." This will likely end with people throwing things at each other, or just general mayhem.

Even worse, the media will have a field day, and it will be directed against gun owners.

You know what would be a better idea-- probably more effective, too?

Instead of having maybe 1000 people travel from all over the state to Atlanta to protest together, what about encouraging those same 1000 people to INDIVIDUALLY protest on some public sidewalk, the steps of City Hall of their local town, at some park or other community property. Just ONE person, or maybe a small group of 2-3 people (for safety, and so one can operate a video camera in case there's a confrontation). But HUNDREDS of such small protests all across Georgia.
All on the same day.

But not the same time. Let people do it when it fits their schedule. Should be during daylight hours, though.

Small groups of 1-3 people should not ever require any sort of parade permit or demonstration permit. That small of a group won't be presumed to block traffic, interfere with operations of businesses, etc.

Heck, I'm thinking a lot MORE people would be willing to participate if they could do this within 10 miles of where they live and work, and would NOT have to drive for hours, and deal with the trouble and risk of parking in downtown Atlanta (parked cars are broken into so often here!). Instead of 1000 participants, maybe we could get 3000 participants working in 3-person teams at 1000 different locations across Ga.

We are more effective when we can engage with the middle in a non threatening way. I like the change my mind table. We cannot change anyone's mind or perception if they will not even have a conversation. Of course it has to be a conversation not a lecture or even a debate.

When the opportunity presents itself I will reveal that I am carrying a gun. Usually after I have been talking with them a while or on more than one occasion and they have a positive opinion of me. I have considered open carrying in my community, places where I am known to show that "hey you know me. You might even like me and I carry." I would not do it in places where I am not known because then they have no context or idea of who I am or what I am like.

Damn poopdaddy you got a problem with rednecks? I am a redneck and damn proud of it. But i am also "the guy next door" and the guy in the store,the guy in the street,the guy that works 6 days a week from daylight to dark.yada yada yada. I dont go to rallies but if i did i would'nt be carrying no gun.as a matter of fact i don't carry at all.But thats my choice now if i need a gun i wont have to go far to get one.Someone showing up at a rallie with a ar 15 should be called a nut case not a redneck.everybody wasn't born with a gold asshole like you your highness.talk about stereo typeing damn
ease up
you miss the point. if you take it personally you are snowflaking.
the strereo type is that all gun owners are undereducated white men who are "rednecks"..
showing up in full camo with a tac vest and an ar/ak/hp or what ever will only make us look bad.
as far as the gold butthole...well, not everyone was born with their left arm out the window and all the skoal they could chew.. i grew up with 4 sisters, we had a farm and as the only boy, i worked my butt of. never identified as a redneck though. sure, at times we had little to no money, you ever eat muskrat? i have, and swamp rabbit aint half bad when you are hungry. so save your judgement for someone else, and dont call yourself a"redneck" unless you are one. a muddy truck and cowboy boots dont make the man, you gotta hump sheep and your sisters to be a real redneck..
good luck...
thanks for your time...
Bob

NO WE DON'T NEED TO BE ANY WHERE NEAR THIS!!!

I have decided to pass on this event. One of the FB groups that I am a member of (14,000+ membership in GA) is encouraging the membership to show up with AR's slung. Those without AR's will have them provided by other members, fully loaded magazines, nothing in the chamber. These guys are actually doing the security for the event. Some of the comments by the members indicate they are expecting and hoping for an excuse to get into a confrontation and possibly a fire fight. Originally they had asked me to help with security, making sure nothing like what I mentioned happens. I passed and will be no where near the event. It's my opinion that in addition to the loose cannons with their ARs wanting a confrontation, there will be bad actors there to force confrontations, some even posing as supporters that will act out, possibly flagging people with their firearms just so the media can have it on tape to fuel their anti-gun agenda. We have seen this before. I hope the event goes off as planned, but my gut tells me otherwise. If you go be careful! You will be lumped in with the entire group if anything does go south.

Back
Top Bottom