• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

My landlord owns a bamboo farm in 2 different locations. When I first met him I told him that's natural born salesmanship to be able to get people to pay money for bamboo. That's almost as good as they guys that make money selling pine straw.

Any chance he owns the one out 16 headed towards Savannah?

Sanity Check.

Mom bought a new Chevy Malibu from Liephart in Decatur, 1970, about $3000 out the door. Don't recall what a house cost in 1970. I worked as a gas station attendant and pumped regular at 28 cent a gallon.

Now I drive an 1989 F150 with a "new" engine and clutch. Got about $3000 in it. Don't owe nobody nothing. Learned that from my Grandmother. She paid cash or didn't need it.

No debt. The only way to roll.

Sanity Check.

Mom bought a new Chevy Malibu from Liephart in Decatur, 1970, about $3000 out the door. Don't recall what a house cost in 1970. I worked as a gas station attendant and pumped regular at 28 cent a gallon.

Now I drive an 1989 F150 with a "new" engine and clutch. Got about $3000 in it. Don't owe nobody nothing. Learned that from my Grandmother. She paid cash or didn't need it.

I agree. My newest is a 2004 GMC. Drive the 1988 K1500 every day. I park right next to the guys with the $600 truck payments.

Sanity Check.

Well if you've ever listened to Dave Ramsey's radio show you'll probably agree with one of his slogans. " Debt is dumb".

I agree. My newest is a 2004 GMC. Drive the 1988 K1500 every day. I park right next to the guys with the $600 truck payments.
I really do not see how some people keep all the balls in the air at the same time. I don't wanna sound like I'm stuck in the past but I really never expected to see the time when domestic cars trucks and SUVs cost as much as real estate and in some cases a good bit more.
Last weekend one of my oldest friends was out here in his 17 or 18 Nissan Frontier. It was really REALLY basic and still close to $18K. That's for a 4 cylinder 5 speed manual truck with roll up windows and manual locks. I have NO problem driving that kinda truck in most any brand. But that's still a lot of money for a small limited use truck.

Back
Top Bottom