Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

I am glad people are still buying brand new trucks, because the really good & reliable ones make excellent relatively inexpensive used trucks. The sticker on my '07 Tundra was about $30k new, I purchased it used in 2017 for $5k and put some money into it. It's a great truck without a ton of tech, and it has a lot of life left in it.

Yep. Supply and demand. High demand low supply vehicles often sell with a “market adjustment “ over MSRP.

Joe Blow who works at auto zone isn’t buying a 115k Raptor. The Raptor is a rich mans toy and they are priced accordingly.

They wouldn’t be able to add those extra market adjustments if people weren’t lined up around the block to pay it.

When the ford GT came out 15 years or so the one that was allotted for the few dealers who got them sold with a 150k market adjustment over MSRP before they were ever assembled at the plant.

$60K Raptor with a 6 cylinder...like H**. It better come with a V10 at that price!

What you are seeing is fiat money doing the bidding of politicians. The 'dollar' is worth less thsn ten percent today compared to when I was in HS.

If you compare truck prices to commodity or gold prices then and now, not really much change when priced in oz of gold or bushels of corn.

What you are seeing is fiat money doing the bidding of politicians. The 'dollar' is worth less thsn ten percent today compared to when I was in HS.

If you compare truck prices to commodity or gold prices then and now, not really much change when priced in oz of gold or bushels of corn.

I couldn't get the local dealer to take my bushels of corn as down payment.

I couldn't get the local dealer to take my bushels of corn as down payment.
My landlord owns a bamboo farm in 2 different locations. When I first met him I told him that's natural born salesmanship to be able to get people to pay money for bamboo. That's almost as good as they guys that make money selling pine straw.

Back
Top Bottom