• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Are jeeps made of gold?

It's all the "jeep flippers" fault. Prices would be no nominal not for the horders and the ones that buy them to resale... JK couldn't help myself. LOL

Swampbuck 62

Im pretty sure all of those listed comments are considered phrases that invoke stand your ground rights. Use with own discretion

cons..

• Weak acceleration, especially on interstates
  • Awkward ingress - requires high step in
  • Lack of cargo space for luggage, groceries, etc.
  • Noisy - road, wind, engine, and tire noise
  • Firm suspension results in a stiff, bumpy ride
  • Rear visibility can be a challenge with the top on
  • Slow steering
  • Tall, boxy profile is not aerodynamic meaning greater wind resistance & wind noise poor mpg.
  • Uncomfortable front seat positions for taller drivers
  • Everything is an "option" - carpet, steel doors, rear seat, etc.
  • Outdated appearance of gages and switchgear
  • Difficult getting in and out of rear seat
  • Even in the summer, the air is cooler than you'd think - must always bring a jacket
  • Small, flimsy doors
  • Rear-view mirror is in the line of vision for taller drivers
  • Windshield wipers remain in the upright position when "off"
  • Base sound system is less than adequate
  • If you're riding without the top/sides, you must always be prepared for rain - plastic bags are a lifesaver for your gear
  • Cramped rear seating
  • Lack of side mirrors when you take off the doors
  • Short wheelbase makes highway driving rougher than in larger vehicles
  • Uninsulated roof agin winter weather can be rough.
  • No lockable trunk/cargo area
  • Less practical in colder climates
  • It's only a 4-seater and back seat ride is a bit bouncy off road
  • Poor fuel economy (typical of SUVs)

and yet we all still love them...lol

I had a 76 cj5 with a built 304 v8 in. That one sure didn't have weak acceleration!! It was scary fast. If u put it to the floor u better be holding on to thar steering wheel tight. Lol

Relatively cheap, reliable and easily customized by anyone is the big attraction. The market is flooded with overpriced Jeeps with mall crawler lifts and tires.
The worst are the ones cobbled together with crap they had laying around and then promoted as rock crawlers for 15-20k.
I can build a Rubicon killer and better equipped for 10k or less including buying a stock TJ.
"Mall Crawler" THAT is PERFECT! And I see those types of Jeeps everyday. But the worst abomination to the REAL Jeep line is the 4 door Wrangler. Every time I see one I think here's a guy that Wanted a Wrangler and his wife said it had to have room for baby seats and 4 doors. Then you see them with the doors removed and it looks even more retarded.
But yesterday I saw a nearly new one with the $3,000 wheel and tire package. If you stop and think about it for a minute you can tell a lot about a guy just buy looking at the wheels he chose for his vehicle. Seriously, no matter what the vehicle make the choice in after market wheels and tires tells you what you need to know about the person before you even speak to them.

It's all the "jeep flippers" fault. Prices would be no nominal not for the horders and the ones that buy them to resale... JK couldn't help myself. LOL

Actually, I was thinking about this over the weekend. I passed car lot after car lot from Atlanta to Dalton full of used jeeps for sale.
Is this a factor that is helping to drive up the price?

Back
Top Bottom