• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone who started on a 600 or 6R bike?

Actually you don't , depends on which company is financing

Yeah insurance requires minimum reliability! Well that's not the problem, the dealer saying the bank don't care about insurance, they care about the "warranty". They afraid my bike will break after the first year and I won't put money in it and decides to let it go and the bank would have a broken bike and none paid note... Sounds BS.

Yeah that's why they sold me on the slider frame tool that prevents it from actually touching when dropped although the mirrors might get damage. Easier fix than whole side frame. Yeah I know not to get a new bike as my first bike but the 0% is so appealing! Well not till they said it's required to have warranty which I think is BS too.

Buying a new bike to get 0% financing is not a very sound financial decision. You will pay way more for the bike and it will depreciate the minute you take it off the lot.

Yeah insurance requires minimum reliability! Well that's not the problem, the dealer saying the bank don't care about insurance, they care about the "warranty". They afraid my bike will break after the first year and I won't put money in it and decides to let it go and the bank would have a broken bike and none paid note... Sounds BS.

Anything that you do to the bike that would break it within a year would not be covered by warranty anyway... Over-rev engine, run without oil...

Anything that you do to the bike that would break it within a year would not be covered by warranty anyway... Over-rev engine, run without oil...

Yeah they went over all that. They say the warranty is pretty strict and most new riders won't know the regular maintenance that's required like the clutch wiring. Well I figured if it's 0%, it's pretty much paying cash except you don't pay for it all at once. Sounds like a good deal to me! Lol

Yeah they went over all that. They say the warranty is pretty strict and most new riders won't know the regular maintenance that's required like the clutch wiring. Well I figured if it's 0%, it's pretty much paying cash except you don't pay for it all at once. Sounds like a good deal to me! Lol

Check the price of the NEW bike compared to a 1 year old same thing... Depreciation is not your friend.

Check the price of the NEW bike compared to a 1 year old same thing... Depreciation is not your friend.

I understand that too! I know the 2015 will come out soon but he told me "they don't come out till February of 2015". BS again. That's why I didn't want to pay msrp for a bike that will lose $3000 by end of this month.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you already got your mind made up don't come on here asking for advice. People have been telling you over and over buy used. Its for a good reason. Frame sliders protect the frame and even then if they catch on a hole in the street or something they can do more damage. A sportbike is so fragile that dropping it in the driveway can cost hundreds to get it in like new condition. If you actually hit something at speed? Forget about it.

As far as buying new, you don't have to buy a warranty or maintenance plan. As someone said the dealer is just trying to hit you to the moon, why? Because they know you are new. They know you are itching for a bike and you'll likely do anything to get on one. Don't be THAT guy. You are trying to run before you walk and in the end you gonna get burned. We just dont want to see that happen.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you already got your mind made up don't come on here asking for advice. People have been telling you over and over buy used. Its for a good reason. Frame sliders protect the frame and even then if they catch on a hole in the street or something they can do more damage. A sportbike is so fragile that dropping it in the driveway can cost hundreds to get it in like new condition. If you actually hit something at speed? Forget about it.

As far as buying new, you don't have to buy a warranty or maintenance plan. As someone said the dealer is just trying to hit you to the moon, why? Because they know you are new. They know you are itching for a bike and you'll likely do anything to get on one. Don't be THAT guy. You are trying to run before you walk and in the end you gonna get burned. We just dont want to see that happen.

Being new, thats why I came here for advice and comments. I know not to buy new but why not? Some people like their auto new and some don't mind being used. Being able to finance is a BIG PLUS. Usually private sellers don't have that option. Sure I could go thru my own bank and credit union but last time I did that, it was as bad as buying a house. They wanted to audit my whole financial history. I could buy used from dealer.... But yeah, I've made up my mind on what I want, just seeking any additional information that I'm missing. Apparently I'm not missing any, they are just trying to pull a fast one.

You will break the bike before the bike fails you. The bank fully cares about the insurance because it will be used.

Back
Top Bottom