• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone REALLY build guns?

Subscribe to this forum @www.weaponsguild.com, if you want to learn about building from a parts kit.

Weapons Guild informed the guy responsible for most of the semi auto Bren guns that exist in America that he did not know what he was doing. He designed the semi RPD's , PKM's and a few others. He converted Saigas to open bolt machine guns. He is still building guns and is an 02/07 ffl. Weapons guild has some knowledge and a lot of home builders who are self proclaimed experts because they built one and it works sometimes.There is some good information on weapons guild but there is also windows taste great information on there. You need to be able to weed it out.

Weapons Guild informed the guy responsible for most of the semi auto Bren guns that exist in America that he did not know what he was doing. He designed the semi RPD's , PKM's and a few others. He converted Saigas to open bolt machine guns. He is still building guns and is an 02/07 ffl. Weapons guild has some knowledge and a lot of home builders who are self proclaimed experts because they built one and it works sometimes.There is some good information on weapons guild but there is also windows taste great information on there. You need to be able to weed it out.
But that's the same for every forum, there is good and not so good info. But as a one stop forum to get info on builds, from scratch to parts kits to re-welds, you cannot beat it.

My uncle has built a few flintlock and cap and ball smoke poles. He does every piece and part by hand, and is quite masterful.

I just bought an Uzi kit from rtg on Wednesday. I have no clue when it will arrive but I'm also ordering or trying to order all of the semi parts needed (Bolt, recoil spring, buffer). If anyone has any of these things please let me know. I'm in the market and willing to pay. I'm sending mine off to M-13 Industries in Vegas because I don't have any of the welding equipment and want mine to be a reweld.

For anyone wanting to build their own guns acquiring all the tools/jigs etc is pretty expensive if you don’t already have some sort of base to start with. I would also add that if you don’t plan on building several than the expenditure really doesn’t make sense. I have a couple thousand easy in just what it takes to properly build ak’s and rpk’s. Also keep in mind that building a gun takes patience and some mechanical inclination, it’s far different than assembling an ar at the kitchen table.

Also cleaning out my garage and found an old Malaysian Beretta A70 kit that I bought over 10 years ago. Does anyone by chance know what barrel I could use or have reprofiled to fit this kit? I'm also hoping my builder can work some miracles with the torch cuts on this thing as well. Otherwise it's a giant paperweight.

Not trying to necrorez a dead thread, only been a month though... Anyways, I built an AK with some assistance and can say that it is a full days task if you have a good shop with tools but it is worth it. I have a Sten kit waiting to be assembled but I have just been busy. If you wanna do a picnic where we build as a group *of course using our own tools* just so that we can be careful, I would be interested in that. I also have another AK parts kit and receiver I need to assemble as well...

Back
Top Bottom