Anyone REALLY build guns?

Not trying to necrorez a dead thread, only been a month though... Anyways, I built an AK with some assistance and can say that it is a full days task if you have a good shop with tools but it is worth it. I have a Sten kit waiting to be assembled but I have just been busy. If you wanna do a picnic where we build as a group *of course using our own tools* just so that we can be careful, I would be interested in that. I also have another AK parts kit and receiver I need to assemble as well...

80% lower and put every screw nut and kitchen sink together in a full day.
15900985528172875033506074426743.jpg

Man I’d love to do a KP44, have a spare DPM parts kits that I’m waiting for but that’ll prob never happen lol, a 100% working from SMG was hard to pass up. Love to do a PM63 too but space is limited in my garage lolol

I almost bought a pm63 kit, I went to shot show in 2019 and there was a company that was supposed to start importing them as pistols so I held off.

I had one in my cart from Classic and ordered till they cancelled the order and jacked the price to $1500 pioneer arms was bringing them in, I’d been waiting for that since they first mentioned bringing them in around like 2012, mad is an understatement

I had one in my cart from Classic and ordered till they cancelled the order and jacked the price to $1500 pioneer arms was bringing them in, I’d been waiting for that since they first mentioned bringing them in around like 2012, mad is an understatement
Yeah thats who it was, but after seeing their aks I'm glad I didn't buy one.

Yeah thats who it was, but after seeing their aks I'm glad I didn't buy one.
Yea... an 80% Glock/AR is not anything like an AK lol. You will definitely have a better appreciation for them after you finish one. This youtube channel is actually a great resource to look at and the guy is an actual local ODT'er. He actually gave me loads of advice for mine and it came out great. I would definitely be down for a meet and build but I am not 100% sure of the legality on those anymore, I think the ATF likened them to illegal manufacturing or something because you are using other people tools? Not 100% sure.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSY3THrssgrQznpebL0Zcaw

Yea... an 80% Glock/AR is not anything like an AK lol. You will definitely have a better appreciation for them after you finish one. This youtube channel is actually a great resource to look at and the guy is an actual local ODT'er. He actually gave me loads of advice for mine and it came out great. I would definitely be down for a meet and build but I am not 100% sure of the legality on those anymore, I think the ATF likened them to illegal manufacturing or something because you are using other people tools? Not 100% sure.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSY3THrssgrQznpebL0Zcaw

I love this guys videos and his rivet tool lol

I love this guys videos and his rivet tool lol
I have seen that exact tool in action. Can confirm it is legit lol.
I do currently have 1 AK underfolder parts kit that needs completing AND a Sten that I gotta do. My friends and all were all gonna do Stens for the fun of it and from my research they arent nearly as involved as an AK but you still get to do some fun stuff - cutting, welding, etc..

Back
Top Bottom