• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else starting to get the itch to fish?!

I hit pay-dirt as for my annual trip to Amelia Island today. I met a gentleman that is in the fishing industry that moved here about a year and a half ago. He moved from Amelia Island and was born there. He has about 30 years experience sport fishing the island and knows it very well. The first words out of his mouth when I told him that's where I was going were, "This is your lucky day."

He got a map of the area and proceeded to download a tremendous amount of information, in detail, with notes and marking the map. I learned more in a half hour with him than I have in over two years doing research on my own. :shocked:

That was also just the beginning. He told me to come back when we could talk longer before I made the trip. Yeah, I think I'll be doing that. :becky:

No, I'm not going to say who it is or where he's at. I don't want to take advantage of what he's doing for me. However, I will be happy to share what I find out if you fish Amelia regularly and PM me. Attention @bensskateshop

If Rock Creek is stocked year round, thats news to me. I don't know for sure, but they dont post stocking reports on their facebook page past September every year.

Not stocked year round, open to fish year round. I looked on the DNR website and it seems that most streams are year round now. It use to be they were open from the last weekend of March until the last weekend of October.

Not stocked year round, open to fish year round. I looked on the DNR website and it seems that most streams are year round now. It use to be they were open from the last weekend of March until the last weekend of October.

Oh ok. That much I knew about. Seems they didnt adjust their stocking schedule when they made that change though.

Fished twice this week already!

Attachments

• 97EFC1E6-C462-47B3-BF75-CA2E846F7A14.jpeg
    97EFC1E6-C462-47B3-BF75-CA2E846F7A14.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 22
This person is ready! In the Lake bed of Alatoona , of lake Acworth drive, tow company said about $1000 to get him out

Attachments

• E0EBD728-66D0-441C-A866-5C12DF9F1A3F.jpeg
    E0EBD728-66D0-441C-A866-5C12DF9F1A3F.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom