• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody ever paint bare metal?

People don't realize that bare steel is one of the hardest things to get paint to stick to. Especially something that's gonna be on the business end of a truck.

If you do decide to go the DIY route, at least see if you can get someone to sandblast it for you first. That will rough up the surface and increase adhesion substantially.

Go to Oreilys an get automotive primer & black auto paint .....

Get cup gun ,hook to compressor, take your time ,multiple coats .....

The auto paint is an all in one ...

People don't realize that bare steel is one of the hardest things to get paint to stick to. Especially something that's gonna be on the business end of a truck.

If you do decide to go the DIY route, at least see if you can get someone to sandblast it for you first. That will rough up the surface and increase adhesion substantially.

I hit it lightly with a wire brush on a angle grinder. Think that would be enough?

I've actually never heard of a brush guard coming in bare steel. they're usually either polished, chromed or powder coated black.

Yeah the fab shop is in Arizona. When I bought it they sold them all that way cause they couldn't guarantee a coating or paint job through the shipping. I think they do now though lol.

Back
Top Bottom