• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any interest for FREE training with a fairly unique concept?

Nuffsand

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
25   0
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I'm putting my feelers out to determine interest for a FREE class that I have developed. First off let me introduce myself: My name is Todd and I spent over 8 years as an assaulter with a T1 group and a few years performing some other operational intelligence duties within the IC (none as a contractor) and have performed covert or direct action missions in over 30+ countries and extensive operations in both semi/non-permissive areas of the world. If there's a school, chances are I've been there. If there's a bad place, chances are I've been there too.

That being said, I'm just recently able to start getting into private sector training and not doing this for money...yet. I've seen some very good training in my time and unfortunately, some very bad. My hope for gain is to provide some good quality training to those whom are interested in gaining a different perspective than the basic marksmanship courses. What I'm offering is a course that will teach people how to avoid a gunfight as opposed to getting into one, which is a unique concept in this day and age. But I'd also like to instruct that if you have the unfortunate and unavoidable circumstance of being a party to the aforementioned (or an assault, etc), how to win this encounter.

So essentially here's the basic pillars that I'd like to impart...Mindset/Mental Preparation (very crucial, even for non combat/law enforcement persons), Street-Craft (how to avoid conflict and spot potential problems before they arise, how to operate more safely in the public domain), and finally if conflict is unavoidable - Fighting (not 'put up yer dukes' fighting but how to better shove the odds into your corner and make it a very bad day for an adversary kind of fighting).

A large portion of this class would be theory based training (i.e. classroom) with another portion being on the range. I'm also considering the high cost in ammo and availability being an ever-increasing issue, thus having a large portion being classroom training. Also because I'd like to run a few test classes to gauge interest before moving towards more range type training.

Again, this is not your typical marksmanship training, but passing along some knowledge and experience that I truly believe might help if you ever find yourself in a precarious situation. So don't expect sending hundreds and hundreds of rounds down-range (there are plenty of well-qualified and friendly instructors around that are probably way better at that than myself) but a course on how to think in a bad scenario.

Another item I'd like to throw out is IF I have some interest, I'd need to find a good locale for attendees, so if anyone has an 'in' with a range or area where there's a class setting, let me know.

This will probably take a little time to put this thing together and if there's anyone else out there that would like to help, please jump in. I truly believe this type of class needs to be out there because at the end of the day, no one really wants to be in a shoot out. And there aren't any courses, that I know of, that teach people how to think and operate in an environment where things can potentially go bad.

I hope this is something my ODT brethren find intriguing and we can make this thing happen.

Please feel free to contact me with any opinions or advice. No negative Nancy's please...persons replying with asinine comments will be ignored the first time...hunted down the second time.

Take care and keep leanin' into it boys!

Sounds cool man, I have figured out that it is always possible to learn more and in the long run it will do you good! Thanks offering this up and send me a pm when you get something lined out.

Back
Top Bottom