• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any gold left in Ft. Knox? Yes or No

I am very skeptical on Ft Knox.

Yep the NY Fed. I read the other day that Germany and possibly Switzerland loaned a bunch of gold to the NY Fed. Funny thing is that Germany is calling for an audit and accounting of their gold. Yeah, they are nervous too.

T.D.R , if i remember correctly had all gold coins seized and was against (his law)to have it in citizens holdings, that's when about the time Fort Knox was concieved. Nixon, however took us off the gold standard of backing the U.S. dollar . The dollar held it's own weight , for year's, until they wen't on a goverment spending spree over the years . Around the globe every one thought that the dollar was solid, then as it's monetary value fell , guess what , the lock boxes are all empty and full of iou's to China whom has bought our debt's and now Japan is going to buy off some of China's holdings , and other countries are now betting on the fall of the dollar . which is just around the corner . Faith in the American dollar is eroding at a geometrical rate , as Bernanke print's more dollar's the value fall's and that makes it's Faith - worth less. For example, look how much more your bullet's cost per dollar , yes there is a major demand, but the dollar is worth less...

Since they won't allow a full audit with disclosure of each bar's serial number, I don't believe a word the govenrement says about our national gold holdings.

The question of whether or not there is gold in Ft. Knox is a good one, but a better question may be (a) who owns it?, (b) has it been leased out and (c) how many times has it been concurrently leased to other parties?

CNBC visited one of the Fed vaults (I believe it was NY) and the bar that they pulled from the US stockpile actually had a serial number that belonged to another country... and then there was that who rumor about China purchasing bars of gold that had tungsten cores...

Eventually, countries are gonna wise up and ask for their gold to be shipped back, just like Venezuela. When that happens, I consider that a SHTF financial scenario. Any delay in repatriation of gold will shake the financial world to the core.

Back
Top Bottom