• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice for some new?

Welcome
Keep your word. No bidding. When finalizing a deal, do it by PM (Private Message) so there is a record of the deal in case it goes south and you need to neg someone.
You will do fine.

I have a couple weapons up for sale and people have immediately tried to communicate only through SMS text messaging. Is it normal to try to reply back to them and have all the communication in the PM? Or does that aggravate people?

I have a couple weapons up for sale and people have immediately tried to communicate only through SMS text messaging. Is it normal to try to reply back to them and have all the communication in the PM? Or does that aggravate people?

either way you go about it. get that **** confirmed in PMs before you consider it good to go.

std rule of thumb is PMs til a deal is made then exchange #s for day of meet comms. ive gone the other way as well...text/phone first, then tell dude..."I am going to send you a PM with these details, please confirm in PM so we are ODT legal." CYA, then negs stick, and we all know who the asshats are.

Back
Top Bottom