• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice for some new?

std rule of thumb is PMs til a deal is made then exchange #s for day of meet comms. ive gone the other way as well...text/phone first, then tell dude..."I am going to send you a PM with these details, please confirm in PM so we are ODT legal." CYA, then negs stick, and we all know who the asshats are.

This works too. Appreciate the advice.

It's not cool to post in someone elses ad for whatever they are selling and say "Oh this is priced too high and I can find it lower at this place or that". It's best to always PM someone if you feel compelled to b**** about their pricing.

Other than that...

DieHard.gif

I have a couple weapons up for sale and people have immediately tried to communicate only through SMS text messaging. Is it normal to try to reply back to them and have all the communication in the PM? Or does that aggravate people?
I have a couple weapons up for sale and people have immediately tried to communicate only through SMS text messaging. Is it normal to try to reply back to them and have all the communication in the PM? Or does that aggravate people?
Control for Smilers Control for Smilers did a good job of explaining. No matter how you make a deal, be SURE and put EVERYTHING in PM,s after the deal is made. All the particulars of the deal, meeting place, time of meet and anything else pertinent to the deal.

Control for Smilers Control for Smilers did a good job of explaining. No matter how you make a deal, be SURE and put EVERYTHING in PM,s after the deal is made. All the particulars of the deal, meeting place, time of meet and anything else pertinent to the deal.
We do this so the mods can read what’s going on and turn information over to 3 letter agents when sequestered.
Oh, and so that you can leave negative feedback if it goes sideways.

Back
Top Bottom