• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another survival meet up?

MREs= No thanks

Current Meal Setup. 1 package of rice sides (I like chicken with brocolli) and 1 pouch of spam/tuna/chicken, 1 quart freezer bag.

Place rice side and meat inside bag, bring water to boil, pour in bag, let stand for 15 minutes for a hot and tasty meal....throw bag in fire.

Oh and the whole meal only costs $5 and will generate about 800-1000 calories

Hate I will miss it guys, (Its this weekend right?) I will be at my fish camp up on the Toccoa so if your in the area (benton Mckraye swinging bridge) then come say hello. Now G2 members welcome.....G4 Members bring extra smokes cause I will probably run out on the trail.

I think it is May 25th, unless I am wrong. The place you are heading this weekend I have camped many times up there and at rock creek. There some awesome waterfalls up on rock creek that not many people know about and they will blow your mind. It is a little bit of a hike to get to them but it is worth it! BTW a few hundred yards up from that bridge is where I caught the biggest trout of my life, be sure to brings a pole! Have fun

I would love to be in, but I have none of that stuff. No tent, no bag, no canteen. Seems like I need to stop buying guns and ammo and concentrate on other essentials.

I've got extra of all that stuff, so if you want to join us, you can borrow mine.

Wow, thanks for the offer. Survivor Johnny sent me a great pm with instructions on what to get. My plan is to get the main essentials.

I am hoping to join. Working on getting off of work.

Have an opertunity for some overtime that weekend and cant pass it up, plus with lots of training going on I cannot manage a shift trade. Hope its a blast and have one for me.

MREs= No thanks

Current Meal Setup. 1 package of rice sides (I like chicken with brocolli) and 1 pouch of spam/tuna/chicken, 1 quart freezer bag.

Place rice side and meat inside bag, bring water to boil, pour in bag, let stand for 15 minutes for a hot and tasty meal....throw bag in fire.

Oh and the whole meal only costs $5 and will generate about 800-1000 calories

Hate I will miss it guys, (Its this weekend right?) I will be at my fish camp up on the Toccoa so if your in the area (benton Mckraye swinging bridge) then come say hello. Now G2 members welcome.....G4 Members bring extra smokes cause I will probably run out on the trail.

after the last meet up I started doin those "rice sides" liked em so much I was just eaten em for lunch n stuff and they are cheap. I used to dump 3 or 4 flavored instant oatmeal packets in a zip lock bag with a hand full of dehydrated fruit type trail mix and some powdered coffee creamer. I'd pre make 2 or 3 per day for backpacking. Pour boiling water in bag n let it sit for a few minutes, bite hole in corner of bag n squeeze in mouth like astronaut paste. Throw bag in fire when done. No pot clean up since I only boiled water, my camp partners cleaned their cookware at the creek while they *itched about me burning a bag in the fire, lol.

after the last meet up I started doin those "rice sides" liked em so much I was just eaten em for lunch n stuff and they are cheap. I used to dump 3 or 4 instant oatmeal packets in a zip lock with a hand full of dehydrated fruit type trail mix. I'd pre make 2 per day for backpacking. Pour boiling water in bag n let it sit for a few minutes, bite hole in corner of bag n squeeze in mouth like astronaut paste. Throw bag in fire when done. No pot clean up since I only boiled water, my camp partners cleaned their cookware at the creek while they *itched about me burning a bag in the fire, lol.

Get one of those reflective sun shields that go in your car and make it into an insulated envelope for your rice sides. The heat is reflected inside and speeds up the cooking process + is a lifesaver when using this method in the COLD. Unless I am car camping this is my go to set up and is really versatile, try putting some spam, soy sauce, sarichi, and dehydrated mushrooms in the rice sides and you are in business.

Back
Top Bottom