• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another couple of Remington 870 HD projects

Nice projects. What's the advantage of the flexitab system?

The Flexitab allows the carrier to flex in the event that a shell would slip past the primary cartridge stop while loading the mag tube.

This shell would be pushed onto the top of the carrier and jammed between it and the closed bolt. This stuck shell will prevent you from pumping the action. This type of jam requires you to remove the magazine cap, remove the spring, and push the shell back up into the tube to free the action. This type of jam can also be cleared by removing the trigger assembly and dropping out the offending shell.

The Flexitab allows the carrier to flex enough that you can pump the action and clear the jam.

Shotgun B is complete.

Stock, GG&G sidesaddle, magazine follower, and magazine extension supplied by the new owner. Forearm, internal upgrades, and labor supplied by me.

ECB04165-FC95-420D-89BE-CB8F6EAA1C49.jpeg

The Flexitab allows the carrier to flex in the event that a shell would slip past the primary cartridge stop while loading the mag tube.

This shell would be pushed onto the top of the carrier and jammed between it and the closed bolt. This stuck shell will prevent you from pumping the action. This type of jam requires you to remove the magazine cap, remove the spring, and push the shell back up into the tube to free the action. This type of jam can also be cleared by removing the trigger assembly and dropping out the offending shell.

The Flexitab allows the carrier to flex enough that you can pump the action and clear the jam.
I believe I've had that exact type of jam before with a Savage 320. I couldn't help but thinking I wouldn't have had such a major failure with a shotgun that uses the Mossberg out of the way style shell lifter. But I remember I had to unscrew the mag tube cap and pretty much field strip it to get it cleared.

Nice projects there. You wouldn’t by chance have any 2 rd mag extenders you’d like to swap for this genuine hi speed low drag 3 shot one
FF50013D-0C5F-44F7-8DBE-BB8E10D8262C.jpeg

Nastiest trigger group I’ve ever seen. Full of crud, steel parts are rusted, what ain’t rusted is covered in black spray paint. For now I’ll probably just replace the entire assembly. This one will get cleaned up, parts that need replaced will get replaced, the main assembly will be Cerakoted, and she’ll go into the spare parts bin for a future build.
17D61C72-9EE2-4182-A371-4B4EADE5C63D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom