• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ancient Alien Theory..

I know, he listens to the stories passed down by the Natives and I listen to the truths passed down in the Bible. I was just saying that anyone can go on the web and act like an expert. I will believe the authors of the original experiences.

Wow. I hope you don't think you are being subtle.

Just caught what you were pointing out. I am not saying the Natives made anything up. But they, as Ezekiel did, may have saw something unexplainable. And I wasn't saying that they made those things up.

Have you read the book of Enoch?
They took it out of the bible.

Which one of the books of Enoch? I have read the first one. They didn't take it out of the Bible, though some have included. The book of Jude was almost left out because he mentions the prophecy of Enoch, along with other references he makes.

Have not read it. I understand that it was omitted from the King James as was other manuscripts.
Does it have unexplainable occurances like the one Ezekiel describes?

It was NEVER part of the Bible. Ezekiel is tame compared to Enoch, but if you take it as a factual account, then Genesis 6 makes much more sense. And it tells how the angels who left their first estate (see the book of Jude) came and taught man all kinds of things.

The books of Enoch were well known in the Jewish culture. Although 1 Enoch was left out of the Tanakh, Jewish teachings through the centuries use the ideas found therein. That's probably why there is reference to it in Jude and it seems that many of the passages are similar to many Torah passages.

But it was never part of the official canon, as it was not believed to be inspired by God, nor was it believed to have been written by Enoch.

***EDIT: There is the ancient book of Jasher, which is referenced several times in the OT. It has some great information, which sheds light on a lot of the early OT accounts, but is it an accurate account?

Last edited:
But it was never part of the official canon, as it was not believed to be inspired by God, nor was it believed to have been written by Enoch.

***EDIT: There is the ancient book of Jasher, which is referenced several times in the OT. It has some great information, which sheds light on a lot of the early OT accounts, but is it an accurate account?

Who knows? We don't know enough about the council or the members who chose the canon. We can read the church fathers though. Those guys rarely agreed on anything.

Back
Top Bottom