• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alternative forms of holster carry

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Just looking into alternative holster options. I always pocket carry if I need real concealment or OWB carry if it’s not important (just let a shirt hang over it).

Considering small of the back holsters and/or shoulder carry. Anyone have any experience with either or both? Thoughts and comparisons to more standard types?

I tried appendix and I couldn’t conceal it well enough for my liking. Draw was fast as hell and it was relatively comfortable though. I stick with plain old strong side IWB. Closer to the 2-3 o clock position versus 3-4 o clock position for me.

Just looking into alternative holster options. I always pocket carry if I need real concealment or OWB carry if it’s not important (just let a shirt hang over it).

Considering small of the back holsters and/or shoulder carry. Anyone have any experience with either or both? Thoughts and comparisons to more standard types?

Attachments

• 81Z4dO16+IL._AC_SY879_.jpg
    81Z4dO16+IL._AC_SY879_.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
The only 'alternative' holster from my strong-side IWB/OWB ones is the one I use with my Ruger LCP II.

It's a leather holster with a square back to it, and when I put it in my back pocket it prints just like a wallet.

I use that for pocket carry if I need to be very discreet, but these days OWB and a t-shirt seem to be just fine with my P365 99.9% of the time.

Being an "un-large' fella, my concealed carry options are limited. So far, the best success I have had is either pocket carry, or appendix carry. I edc either a Glock 26, or a Glock 42, depending on the weather/dress requirements.
I absolutely love the Vedder light tuck holsters and have one for both pistols, as well as pocket holsters for both.

Hmm, I think you'll have to trial and error this one. Everyone's different. I like quality leather holsters. Used to like shoulder rigs, now either pocket carry or around the waist in some configuration

I have been using ‘smart carry’. I carry a subcompact 45. I’m not worried about how fast I can draw. I have been carrying for 40+ years and worked in law enforcement for half my life.

I can count on one hand the number of times I really needed a gun. I’ve always got plenty of firepower safely tucked away, and out of sight.

I pocket carry! Never carry small of back, if you get pushed backwards to easy to damage spine . Just my two cents . Have a few inside waist holster as well but have pocket carried for last five years!

I've tried to carry appendix but I just can't do it.
I've been carrying with a Galco SOB (small of the back) holster for probably 15yrs now and love it (Glock 19 Gen 3). It's the same holster that air marshals use. It works very well in seated positions. I highly recommend it. Galco is a proven quality brand.

Back
Top Bottom