Aimpoint or Eotech?

Another note with an Aimpoint, get a good mount for it. I have seen and helped people try to zero Aimpoints in the factory mounts as well as A.R.M.S and Larue mounts and the factory mounts have more play and are harder to get zeroed and more to the point they don't seem to stay zeroed at well as aftermarket mounts, especially the Larue.

I was a company level armorer for about 2 years following OIF I at Fort Drum NY. I bought my own EOTech optic. Shortly before deployment we got access to funding to procure and acquire new COTS(Commercial Off The Shelf) items. I got a list of stuff together that I thought would be beneficial to the Company and turned it in to the XO and he made the decision of whether or not to purchase the items with the new funds.

Aimpoint. I dont think the 4 moa dot really makes a difference in a non magnifyed optic. The 2moa dots are very sharp, I like them both. I think Eotechs look ugly on an AR. Just my opinion. Watch what this micro goes thru in this torture test. Its meant for the carbine but they test the sight as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimpoint. I dont think the 4 moa dot really makes a difference in a non magnifyed optic. The 2moa dots are very sharp, I like them both. I think Eotechs look ugly on an AR. Just my opinion. Watch what this micro goes thru in this torture test. Its meant for the carbine but they test the sight as well.

Thats says a lot for both Daniel Defense and Aimpoint, Shattered lens ran over dropped out a helo and still functioning....

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are top quality optics. Personally I like the 1moa dot surrounded by the 65moa ring of the eotech, especially if you plan to use a magnifier. The battery life of an aimpoint is nothing short of amazing, the design is also a little more durable. However, I seriously doubt anyone on this site will abuse an eotech to the point of failure. I've carried eotechs in combat and never experienced a single failure. Simply put, both are electronics made by man and are always susceptible to failure at any time.

Back
Top Bottom