• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

age to purchase handgun

Yep others have said it. You have to be 21 to by from a dealer, 18 to buy from a private sale or if it is a gift from a parent or grandparent. I'm 20 and own several handguns.

The stupid part is, you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo.

i never had a problem buying ammo under 21 though

Legal is legal. Right is a judgement call.

I wouldn't want anyone to sell my kid a pistol. I realize that's not what any 20 year old wants to hear, but if it's my pistol it's my judgement. If they can't walk in a gun shop and buy, I ain't interested in selling anyone anything.

This is exactly what the left considers a gunshow type "loophole." Legal or not, some lawyer (Eric Holder's so called Dept Of Justice ) is just looking to nail someone for something if a 20 year old kid did something stupid with it. The law has little weight with the left when they smell blood in the water.

The hilarious part about all of this is that this is a federal regulation saying that you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun but when I was just out of high school and just turned 18 the federal government handed me a beretta 9mm :D

I traded for my very first handgun at 19 or 20 on here, with a cop. He had no problem with it at all. Yes it is legal, if your 18 or over you can have one through a private transaction.

Legal is legal. Right is a judgement call.

I wouldn't want anyone to sell my kid a pistol. I realize that's not what any 20 year old wants to hear, but if it's my pistol it's my judgement. If they can't walk in a gun shop and buy, I ain't interested in selling anyone anything.

This is exactly what the left considers a gunshow type "loophole." Legal or not, some lawyer (Eric Holder's so called Dept Of Justice ) is just looking to nail someone for something if a 20 year old kid did something stupid with it. The law has little weight with the left when they smell blood in the water.
i know several 20 year old guys that are deputy for the county and are issued guns what is the big deal old enough to die for our country old enough to own a gun ,,

Back
Top Bottom