• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

age to purchase handgun

northgeorgiasaint

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a handgun but I am only 20 years old. I've read that I can still purchase a handgun as long as it is from a private seller, or my parents can make it a "gift" and give it to me legally. Im just curious if any of this is true. Thanks

Yes, you can be gifted a handgun. You can also purchase it in a private transaction, however most on the sight will not sell to someone under 21 unfortunately.
Personally, I don't care if you are under 21, but others do...

Welcome I started out as a 20 year old here, but only sold items. You'll be hard pressed to find a seller to sell you a gun even though it is legal due to your age and lack of a carry permit.

I am selling a 9mm if you're interested!

Im looking to buy a handgun but I am only 20 years old. I've read that I can still purchase a handgun as long as it is from a private seller, or my parents can make it a "gift" and give it to me legally. Im just curious if any of this is true. Thanks
Seems like a trap....especially after what that Uncle si/ moon pie incident.

Yes it is legal private party or gift. It can not be bought by your friend and gifted to you for a small gift of x amount of dollars. That is considered a straw purchase. As far as on here goes.... You should not have a problem as long as you act and seem like a respectable and legal owner of a handgun. People just don't want the liability of selling a handgun to an immature or thuggish kid. Welcome to the site!

Yep others have said it. You have to be 21 to by from a dealer, 18 to buy from a private sale or if it is a gift from a parent or grandparent. I'm 20 and own several handguns.

The stupid part is, you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo.

Back
Top Bottom