• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice needed - I harvested my first @ 2 gallons of honey today

Don't worry, only first harvest will be done this way. Kinda like a dealer giving out free samples.:evil: Wife is ecstatic; so it was cheaper in the long run. Several friends offered to pay me; but we work on the barter system, so I'm not too worried about that.
Extractor did 8 frames at once without any issues, so great advice on getting an electric one. It would have sucked having to manually turn a crank.

Don't worry, only first harvest will be done this way. Kinda like a dealer giving out free samples.:evil: Wife is ecstatic; so it was cheaper in the long run. Several friends offered to pay me; but we work on the barter system, so I'm not too worried about that.
Extractor did 8 frames at once without any issues, so great advice on getting an electric one. It would have sucked having to manually turn a crank.
well if you get to a point you sell I'd buy or trade some of this from clarkesville

When I was young, I had a few hives behind the house in the woods. The honey was always dark. There weren't any open pastures near and or anything else good for the bees and I did feed them sugar water.

Update on honey harvesting. Robbed bees today and got another 32lbs of honey from them. One hive has a full super with about half capped and rest of it still nectar. I've give it a week or so and go get the rest of it. So far we have gotten just over 88lbs from the girls this year. Wife is happy to see more honey so all is good in my house for the time being. Time to order some labels and recoup some of the cost.
Also got my first sting in a long time as I mashed a dead bee into my forearm and luck would have it stinger side up. I don't swell, so just a little reminder that they have stingers.

Back
Top Bottom