• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventures in Home Hot Bluing using the Blind Hog recipe...... Updated pics pg.4!

Agree 100%. We have already done two guns for $100 (well, plus propane almost forgot that so... $130ish) and could do several more. Any re-finish needs proper prep so its really just a matter of getting the salts and rinse water up to temp and about 30 mins in the salts.

Looks great. I have got to get me a hot blue set up built. I need one for rifles and shottys.

Go for it, I cant believe I waited this long.
Im already thinking about a more formal setup. Ive got the room in the shop, I can TIG up some tanks.... Gonna price out some sheet steel. You need 4 tanks (3 at a minimun). Fabbing up the tanks is no problem, but the burners and gas distribution would take some careful figuring so as to not blow myself up!!;)
Ive got an old WASR AK that I would love to blue, and Im sure that if I had the setup, other projects would surface, Not to mention how much easier pistols would be with the bigger tanks.........

Go for it, I cant believe I waited this long.
Im already thinking about a more formal setup. Ive got the room in the shop, I can TIG up some tanks.... Gonna price out some sheet steel. You need 4 tanks (3 at a minimun). Fabbing up the tanks is no problem, but the burners and gas distribution would take some careful figuring so as to not blow myself up!!;)
Ive got an old WASR AK that I would love to blue, and Im sure that if I had the setup, other projects would surface, Not to mention how much easier pistols would be with the bigger tanks.........

I will be going to MSI to get my burners. The tanks will be easy enough to build. I have a few priorities ahead of the bullying set up.

"I have a few priorities ahead of the bluing set up."

I hear ya! I will probabbly just stick to doing pistols in pots for a while, but will research what I need for a real setup for when the time comes.

RamRoddoc, Im waiting for those rail gun pics too. mtgldr brought it home and I know he is pretty buisy with work right now but hopefully we will see it soon. I know what he eventually has planned for it and it will be really nice.

Looks great! I've thought about doing a home hot blue set up before, but never invested the time and money... This has really inspired me!

Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom