• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ACSS Reticle and Primary Arms Support

GeorgiaShooter

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
FYI for anyone who uses their products but especially the various optics with an ACSS reticle. I purchased the ACSS Raptor LPVO 1-8 a year or more ago. Took the time to test it at the rifle ranges at Riverbend. The manual and videos show how zeroing the tip of Chevron would be 100Y for .556, the under side of the chevron line is 200, then 300 for the tip of the vertical line and for each of three horizontal lines you get 400-500-600. This would be a full length rifle.

Problem was that I was getting 500 meter hits using the very bottom line. After some interaction with Primary Arms they ran the numbers on my loads and rifle specs for my 16" DDM4V11. They sent me back the science on what I should range for those marks with my ammo and gun.

Ba-Ding when I saw the drawing I realized it matched the results I've been getting for months. I usually go to the 500m range and fire 5-10 rounds every couple of weeks. Over time this matches their math. I love it because this level of customer service and their lifetime warranty is hard to find in todays world.

I plan on testing the reticle again with the 18" wide 5'10" tall man size targets spread out down range. This gun is light weight but the level of accuracy has surprised me. LPVO that does close range work but can stretch out with calculation free instant dope. Even wind and moving targets are simple to track. Seems like an ACOG on steroids.

Attachments

• ACSS-MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    ACSS-MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31
FYI for anyone who uses their products but especially the various optics with an ACSS reticle. I purchased the ACSS Raptor LPVO 1-8 a year or more ago. Took the time to test it at the rifle ranges at Riverbend. The manual and videos show how zeroing the tip of Chevron would be 100Y for .556, the under side of the chevron line is 200, then 300 for the tip of the vertical line and for each of three horizontal lines you get 400-500-600. This would be a full length rifle.

Problem was that I was getting 500 meter hits using the very bottom line. After some interaction with Primary Arms they ran the numbers on my loads and rifle specs for my 16" DDM4V11. They sent me back the science on what I should range for those marks with my ammo and gun.

Ba-Ding when I saw the drawing I realized it matched the results I've been getting for months. I usually go to the 500m range and fire 5-10 rounds every couple of weeks. Over time this matches their math. I love it because this level of customer service and their lifetime warranty is hard to find in todays world.

I plan on testing the reticle again with the 18" wide 5'10" tall man size targets spread out down range. This gun is light weight but the level of accuracy has surprised me. LPVO that does close range work but can stretch out with calculation free instant dope. Even wind and moving targets are simple to track. Seems like an ACOG on steroids.

You will find their CS far surpassed anything from Trijicon.

The ACSS is superior and Trijicon runs a variant of the PA ACSS.

Respectfully
Chris

PS.... Did folks know they have a great Mil/ LEO program! Folks should look into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. Hearing about great customer service is just as important as hearing about the bad ones too. I’ve always had great experience ordering from primary arms, haven’t had to deal with their CS yet but glad to know if I need to it shouldn’t be a problem

That's pretty good customer service. You must be running some very heavy and/or slow loads for that kind of trajectory.
Here's what they said along with that new drawing..... but I got that trajectory more or less with every factory ammo I put through it with the ACSS. I failed to realize what is sacrificed with the carbine barrel.

QUOTE:
"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for replying back to my email. The holds you are having when using the 69 grain Match King Federal Gold moving at roughly 2632 FPS with a 16" barrel is correct. You are loosing around 400 FPS with a 16" barrel from the published data from the manufacture and this is why the BDC's you are seeing are off. I will provide a image of what your holds should be approximately with the 69 grain Match King Federal Gold at the bottom of this email. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concern.
Thank you and have a Great Day!"

Back
Top Bottom