• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

Self imposed "laws and regulations" is what prevents State imposed laws and regulations. With Liberty comes Responsibility. If we refuse to be self responsible it provides ammunition to those that want the State to mandate our responsibility.

In another post someone suggested that I'm a boot licker because I would require a person that I do not know to provide me some reassurance that they are the kind of person to which I would be willing to sell my property.

I would not ask family for a CCW, because I know them. I would not ask close friends for a CCW, because I know them. Anyone else that I do not know, in the current climate, will show me a CCW or move along. This is MY choice, not the government's choice.

But hey, be your own man, and feel free to sell anything you want to the guy with MS13 tats, because FREEDOM!

I wouldn't call you a boot licker,
There is new term that fits better anyway. Virtue Signaler ! Sorry but that's what I see.
I wouldn't sell to anyone that I didn't feel comfortable selling to and that has worked since firearms were invented and men were men. I really don't see a reason to turn and ask big brother to help me out. I got this.
And Yes it is the governments choice ! The government approved and vetted your buyer , not you .
Some people feel all warm and cozy and safe with lots of control and structure around them, some don't.

In the "current climate", you mean the climate where our freedoms are under constant attack, including human rights like the 2A? So....since they are under attack you're going to impose even more restrictions where there aren't any? Makes perfect sense. :wacko:

No, I mean in our current climate where you can still get a CCW.
The current climate where murderers are released without serving their entire sentence.
The current climate where I can be sued for selling someone a tool they use maliciously.

I'm terribly sorry that my decision on what to do with my private property supposedly infringes upon your rights.

Allow me to remind you that I am not the government, and my freedom allows me to decide what to do with my property.

No, I mean in our current climate where you can still get a CCW.
The current climate where murderers are released without serving their entire sentence.
The current climate where I can be sued for selling someone a tool they use maliciously.

I'm terribly sorry that my decision on what to do with my private property supposedly infringes upon your rights.

Allow me to remind you that I am not the government, and my freedom allows me to decide what to do with my property.
Your post gave me brain aids.

I have run into more than a handfull of felons. To a person they believed they could own/buy a gun as long it was from an individual and not a gunshop. One guy even hunts all the time (I know because I have seen him on my game camera with his rifle).

So, those not requiring showing any ID is where these guys get their guns, I guess.

I wouldn't call you a boot licker,
There is new term that fits better anyway. Virtue Signaler ! Sorry but that's what I see.
I wouldn't sell to anyone that I didn't feel comfortable selling to and that has worked since firearms were invented and men were men. I really don't see a reason to turn and ask big brother to help me out. I got this.
And Yes it is the governments choice ! The government approved and vetted your buyer , not you .
Some people feel all warm and cozy and safe with lots of control and structure around them, some don't.

Sorry, I had to look up the definition of "Virtue Signaling".

Perhaps you should look up "The pot calling the kettle black".

I'm still amazed that people cry that I'm somehow restricting freedom by deciding what to do with my own property. Yet I have proposed no legislation, nor any tar and feathering parties.

This is all been covered multiple times, and multiple threads.
Georgia law requires that you ask a prospective gun buyer in a private sale 3 questions.

1. are you legal age?
2. are you a Georgia resident?
3. Are you legally able to own a gun?

if they answer yes to all 3?
Collect your money, hand them the Gun.

(optional, say thank you, nice to meet you. Goodbye.)

Yes! All that needed to be said

If I don't know someone, yes I want to see your matching carry permit and driving license, it's in all that I sell or trade. It don't bother me one bit to show mine either. It would bother me to sell or trade a weapon off to someone with the attitude some on here have, then to find out that weapon was used to kill a friend or for God's sake one of my family members. But maybe some folks just don't give a damn. Yet,I knew a man I've known all my life that a cousin worked for and he sold him a handgun legally and the kid wound up killing himself with than gun in Bartow County and that made that man feel awful yet all was legal. That being said, if you don't like showing credentials don't get butt hurt for those who do want to see, go further.

Back
Top Bottom