• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A peek at your CCW

This is all been covered multiple times, and multiple threads.
Georgia law requires that you ask a prospective gun buyer in a private sale 3 questions.

1. are you legal age?
2. are you a Georgia resident?
3. Are you legally able to own a gun?

if they answer yes to all 3?
Collect your money, hand them the Gun.

(optional, say thank you, nice to meet you. Goodbye.)

I'm curious. Where did you find that in OCGA?

You are right, I’m sure that I am wrong.
Thanks For correcting me.

I've read all the gun laws in Georgia,
been talking about them for 30 years,
and wrote a book about them in 2014!
(Available on Amazon.com).
If there was ever such a requirement, it must've been so long ago I forgot that ever existed. There certainly isn't a requirement to ask these questions now!

[Unless and until you see some evidence, some circumstances, (yes even circumstantial evidence!) that could cause a reasonable suspicion that the person you're dealing with is
-- from out of state, or
-- under a domestic violence restraining order, or
--has a criminal purpose in mind for this gun...
..etc, etc.]

Then, if you see some evidence... it's your choice whether you think you can ask pointed questions and get answers, honest answers, that will alleviate your suspicions...

... or maybe you should just cancel the whole deal and forget it,
because you'll assume that the person you're dealing with will lie
and tell you only what he thinks you want to hear.

Is it possible we could just get people to stop saying "CCW"? There is no such thing in the State of Georgia.

We have a Georgia Weapons Carry License. That's it. Nothing else.

I understand that a lot of folks use the word "CCW", because that is what they are used to, or what they heard somebody else say. We all know what they mean.

But when your teaching a class or informing new residents to Georgia about our laws, it is nice to use the correct terminology. There are lots of new firearms owners here, let's see if we can get them to use the correct terminology.

As a friend of mine always says..."Words have meanings".....Use the correct words.

Jerry

Is it possible we could just get people to stop saying "CCW"? There is no such thing in the Sate of Georgia.

We have a Georgia Weapons Carry License. That's it. Nothing else.

I understand that a lot of folks use the word "CCW", because that is what they are used to, or what they heard somebody else say. We all know what they mean.

But when your teaching a class or informing new residents to Georgia about our laws, it is nice to use the correct terminology. There are lots of new firearms owners here, let's see if we can get them to use the correct terminology.

As a friend of mine always says..."Words have meanings".....Use the correct words.

Jerry
Do they take a mag or a clip?

Back
Top Bottom