• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

This is all been covered multiple times, and multiple threads.
Georgia law requires that you ask a prospective gun buyer in a private sale 3 questions.

1. are you legal age?
2. are you a Georgia resident?
3. Are you legally able to own a gun?

if they answer yes to all 3?
Collect your money, hand them the Gun.

(optional, say thank you, nice to meet you. Goodbye.)

I would disagree with the posters who are suggesting keeping a record, or proof of who you sold a gun too.
The record of sale is NOT required in Georgia and can possibly lead to unnecessary problems.

A few years back a local man had a knock on his door from the ATF inquiring about a gun he had sold?
He went and got his "records" of gun sales in a green notebook he kept that said "Gun Sales" on it..
After they reviewed his "records"?
That "Green notebook" got him charged with dealing without a license and sent to prison.

The record of sale is NOT required in Georgia.

The assumption here is that neither individual holds any type of FFL. a 03 is required to keep a record, though those records are likely never to be seen by the government unlike 01FFL

This is all been covered multiple times, and multiple threads.
Georgia law requires that you ask a prospective gun buyer in a private sale 3 questions...

I'm sorry this may be redundant but I just did a search and couldn't find where those 3 questions are required by GA law. I know those things need to be true, but all I've seen indicates that the seller just can't knowingly sell to an ineligible person. If you could give me a hint where to find the GA law required questions, I'd like to see it. Thanks.

I've seen this on several ads for firearms on here.......I guess I just don't understand it. Why does a person doing a private sale need to see my ID or CCW?

Self imposed laws and regulations. Biden took note and is now going to make them mandatory seeing as how these self proclaimed patriots don't mind a little more control in their lives. We can hope its the latter.
It could be that they are just not bright enough to now the law does not require an individual to qualify a private purchaser of a firearm.
I like the ones that do that and want a bill of sale because it "Its registered in their name." I always say I have one that is unregistered and Where the **** can I go register it ?
We have them and the NFAC as fellow gun owners, I don't know which is worse

Self imposed laws and regulations. Biden took note and is now going to make them mandatory seeing as how these self proclaimed patriots don't mind a little more control in their lives. We can hope its the latter.

We have them and the NFAC as fellow gun owners, I don't know which is worse

Self imposed "laws and regulations" is what prevents State imposed laws and regulations. With Liberty comes Responsibility. If we refuse to be self responsible it provides ammunition to those that want the State to mandate our responsibility.

In another post someone suggested that I'm a boot licker because I would require a person that I do not know to provide me some reassurance that they are the kind of person to which I would be willing to sell my property.

I would not ask family for a CCW, because I know them. I would not ask close friends for a CCW, because I know them. Anyone else that I do not know, in the current climate, will show me a CCW or move along. This is MY choice, not the government's choice.

But hey, be your own man, and feel free to sell anything you want to the guy with MS13 tats, because FREEDOM!

Self imposed "laws and regulations" is what prevents State imposed laws and regulations. With Liberty comes Responsibility. If we refuse to be self responsible it provides ammunition to those that want the State to mandate our responsibility.

In another post someone suggested that I'm a boot licker because I would require a person that I do not know to provide me some reassurance that they are the kind of person to which I would be willing to sell my property.

I would not ask family for a CCW, because I know them. I would not ask close friends for a CCW, because I know them. Anyone else that I do not know, in the current climate, will show me a CCW or move along. This is MY choice, not the government's choice.

But hey, be your own man, and feel free to sell anything you want to the guy with MS13 tats, because FREEDOM!
I think those are perfectly valid points. I'm on the "no-CCW check" side, but that doesn't mean I think the other side is completely wrong. I will add though that just because I don't check for a CCW doesn't mean I don't exercise a little caution and common sense.

I'm sorry this may be redundant but I just did a search and couldn't find where those 3 questions are required by GA law. I know those things need to be true, but all I've seen indicates that the seller just can't knowingly sell to an ineligible peron. If you could give me a hint where to find the GA law required questions, I'd like to see it. Thanks.

You are right, I’m sure that I am wrong.
Thanks For correcting me.

In the "current climate", you mean the climate where our freedoms are under constant attack, including human rights like the 2A? So....since they are under attack you're going to impose even more restrictions where there aren't any? Makes perfect sense. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom