• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

A few years back I had a new member with one positive feed back(From a Long Time Member that sold him a Glock Pistol) PM me about purchasing a 2 Glocks I had listed so we agreed on price, time, location. I went to the meet and as soon as I saw the new member "RED FLAGS ARE GOING UP" first thing he does is flash 100.00 bills well the first thing I did was to ask him to show me his GADL and GWCL and he could not produce either and tried to give me excuses so no deal and I drove away the new member calls me and says one of his roommates would buy it and I told him to F***Off basically.

So do you think the Long Time Member that sold him the Glock Pistol made the right choice or Did I make the right choice.

I don't mind showing or asking for ID whether or not it was agreed upon first. It just makes me feel good at the end of the day.
Looks like you ain't no dummy and saved yourself lots of trouble.

A few years back I had a new member with one positive feed back(From a Long Time Member that sold him a Glock Pistol) PM me about purchasing a 2 Glocks I had listed so we agreed on price, time, location. I went to the meet and as soon as I saw the new member "RED FLAGS ARE GOING UP" first thing he does is flash 100.00 bills well the first thing I did was to ask him to show me his GADL and GWCL and he could not produce either and tried to give me excuses so no deal and I drove away the new member calls me and says one of his roommates would buy it and I told him to F***Off basically.

So do you think the Long Time Member that sold him the Glock Pistol made the right choice or Did I make the right choice.

I don't mind showing or asking for ID whether or not it was agreed upon first. It just makes me feel good at the end of the day.
I think you did the right thing. People who can't legally buy guns are probably going to raise the bigger stink about showing ID compared to those who can legally buy. From my own perspective, I have nothing to hide and I want the other party to feel comfortable when dealing with me.

Screenshot_20210301-210109_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Funny story...A member who I had a great transaction with ask in his ad for a peek at a CCW. I told him straight up, hey I don’t have one, I just haven’t gotten around to it. He said whatever that’s fine let’s do the deal. I meet up with him, I show him my GA DL AND current MIL ID. We bantered and talk for 20 mins and in between the conversation he asked maybe 5-6 times “hey youre not going to kill anyone with this are you?” Each time he asked I would seriously say, “No, sir.” Lol...hey due diligence on his part.

I would disagree with the posters who are suggesting keeping a record, or proof of who you sold a gun too.
The record of sale is NOT required in Georgia and can possibly lead to unnecessary problems.

A few years back a local man had a knock on his door from the ATF inquiring about a gun he had sold?
He went and got his "records" of gun sales in a green notebook he kept that said "Gun Sales" on it..
After they reviewed his "records"?
That "Green notebook" got him charged with dealing without a license and sent to prison.

The record of sale is NOT required in Georgia.

Just to make sure they’re most likely not selling to a felon that’s refrained from purchasing a firearm legally. The thinking is, if you can clear the background check and obtain a CCW, you’re gtg so sellers did their “due diligence”. Also obviously to see if you’re of legal age to own a firearm (pistol).
Trouble with that theory is that they may have become a felon after getting a CCW. But you tried right?

Back
Top Bottom