• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

___________ arrested for ___________ !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you are resisting unlawful arrest?

Legal. However, who decides if it's an "unlawful arrest"? Up to the point that the jury gets a crack at it, it's pretty much "the man" and people with a vested interested in supporting the established power structure.

Legal. However, who decides if it's an "unlawful arrest"? Up to the point that the jury gets a crack at it, it's pretty much "the man" and people with a vested interested in supporting the established power structure.

"obstruction of justice" = Whatever I say goes...

I totally agree in principle. It's the application I'm concerned with.

I do admit, however, that this is not a subject I'm as well versed in as I would like to be. I will take a look at that case and see what it has to say.

What if you are resisting unlawful arrest?
According to some of the Experts on here, there's no such thing as an Unlawful Arrest. If your told to do something by an "Officer of the Law" you have to comply or face arrest for Resisting or Failure to Comply. And it would seem to me that there in lies the Problem. Way to much Power Given to those who are supposed to Enforce the Law, makes them GOD's. If they say dance ya better get to Shuffling those Feet.!

Last edited:
According to some of the Experts on here, there's no such thing as an Unlawful Arrest. If your told to do something by an "Officer of the Law" you have to comply or face arrest for Resisting or Failure to Comply. And it would seem to me that there in lies the Problem. Way to much Power Given to those who are supposed to Enforce the Law, makes them GOD's. If they say dance ya better get to Shuffling those Feet.!

Exactly

I completely agree that a police officer can give you an unlawful order and take you down to china town when you dont follow it. Its not right, but it happens, the videos posted on this site are proof of that. My point is, people are so quick to say "OMG I GOT ARRESTED FOR NOTHING!!" If you are walking your dog and a cop asks you to step away from a crime scene, you might think it is unlawful and politely refuse. You decide to keep walking your dog and the cop decides to arrest you for Obstruction of Justice. In this case, you werent arrested for walking your dog, you were arrested for obstruction of justice.

C'mon soviet...where would you draw the line at? Don't resist unlawful arrest because you might get tazed?

I dont think thats right either. Resist if you feel the need to resist, just know youre going to get arrested for resiting even if you didnt do anything to begin with. When your friends ask you why you got arrested dont say it was because of your haircut or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom