• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

___________ arrested for ___________ !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsquared

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
I like this threads (they make my work day fly! haha), but get so tired of seeing stories where some presumably innocent person was arrested for no reason, or for doing something totally within the limits of the law. Things like wearing pajamas on planes, filming in your front yard, walking down the street carving wood, open carrying in PA, etc are certainly legal.

What is not legal is resisting arrest, arguing with a police officer performing his or her duties, refusing a lawful order, and obstructing justice. These things will get you a ride downtown (and rightfully so!), OR WORSE.

But like I said I enjoy these videos and articles so keep posting them, it just bugs me when people fill in the second blank above with something ridiculous just to make the story more sensational.

Ok carry on.

Like the time I was arrested for Kidnapping in Bayou La Batre, Alabama back in 1990... (Forest Gump's home town)

It turns out somebody reported some guys in an "old car" selling guns on the state docks at the mouth of the Bayou. I happened to be driving an "Old Car" ... 1950 Chevy that day. and I was parked in the Circle K parking lot with a friend waiting for my dad's shrimp boat to come in. They were still 2 hours out. We were sitting there drinking a Coke and all of a sudden 3 cop cars swooped into the parking lot and surrounded my car. We were told to get out with our hands up. We complied. They searched my car and came up with a Pellet Gun, a Winoka Diving knife and an old box of CCI Mini-Mags in the trunk. They then ran our licenses and my SSN came back on an open Federal Warrant from Bakersville California.

Some guy in Bakersville back in 1986 had been involved in a kidnapping and had used my SSN. The only problem with this whole scenario, I had never been west of Colorado and I was 12 years old in 1986. It couldn't have been me of course. The cops did take me to the court house and impound our "Weapons" until my dad came down to claim the "Weapons" for us.

The cops suggested I talk to the Social Security Administration and see if I needed to get anything straight with my SSN. I called them and tried to get some more information. It turned out that the Bayou la Batre's finest were just being dicks and made up the whole story. There was no Federal Warrant. They took me to two doors down from the Circle K to the Court house hoping to dig up something on me and my buddy in the two hours before my dad's boat came in. They didn't find anything, of course, because we were only 16 and were squeaky clean.

That's my "____________ got arrested for ______________ " story and I'm sticking to it...

I like this threads (they make my work day fly! haha), but get so tired of seeing stories where some presumably innocent person was arrested for no reason, or for doing something totally within the limits of the law. Things like wearing pajamas on planes, filming in your front yard, walking down the street carving wood, open carrying in PA, etc are certainly legal.

What is not legal is resisting arrest, arguing with a police officer performing his or her duties, refusing a lawful order, and obstructing justice. These things will get you a ride downtown (and rightfully so!), OR WORSE.

But like I said I enjoy these videos and articles so keep posting them, it just bugs me when people fill in the second blank above with something ridiculous just to make the story more sensational.

Ok carry on.

What if you are resisting unlawful arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom