• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8 vs. 300 Blackout

.300 ! Same mags, go supersonic to subsonic with a mag change. A guy at the range had one last week and suppressed it is quieter than a .22 suppressed. Ammo prices will come down as demand goes up and 6.8 will become obsolete.

I'm going a slightly more advanced route, just picked up a C3 billet complete lower the other day. Ordered my Adams Arms complete mid-length upper in 5.56 from MidwayUSA today, and then add a 300 blk barrel and it'll be a beast!

300 black out all the way, you could always have two uppers set up and ready to go as well, use the same bolt and mags.

its not that the round isnt effective it just drops like a rock after about 200 yrds. the rifle more of lobs it out.

Everything we shoot drops almost exactly like a rock from the moment it leaves the barrel.
It all just depends on how fast you happened to throw that rock and how aerodynamic of a rock it was.
The second part of that is what made the 6.5 Grendel so awesome (BC of .510).
I am building an 8.5" pistol/SBR in 300 BLK and will let you all know how it goes.
Also, from what I've heard a pistol length gas system cycles better with the 300 due to the faster burning powder/timing.

Last edited:
it was mostly an example, how about this: where the ruger .204 is like a laser, the 300blk is more like a rainbow

I have no interest in a muffler. I ain't paying the batfe any tax stamp for anything. The 6.8 is hands down the better performer on the supersonic end of the spectrum.

There's just nothing I need or want that the 300 offers.

Back
Top Bottom