Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norma Match

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Handloads!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Not unheard of for 6.5CM AR rifles to require a high-pressure bolt. If you’re having an issue with high pressure, get a high pressure bolt and negate, or at least alleviate, the issue.

I can't believe I'm saying this because historically I've been jaded by Winchester ammo from an accuracy standpoint but out of probably 6-7 Bergara rifles in 6.5 CM, it's common for the best shooting round to be 140 Win Match. We have several sub .2x groups with it. 143ELDM, 147s and 140 Win Match are our go to rounds. Also had good success with the Federal 130 Bergers.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I’ve never been a Winchester ammo fan myself, but I’m slowly changing my tune.

Late last year, I chrono’ed 15 rounds of M118LR that was loaded at the Winchester-run Lake City plant. Got an extreme spread of 12fps for those 15 rounds. The two different Hornady Match 6.5CM loads that were present both had ES in high 20’s - low 30’s.

I’ve never been a Winchester ammo fan myself, but I’m slowly changing my tune.

Late last year, I chrono’ed 15 rounds of M118LR that was loaded at the Winchester-run Lake City plant. Got an extreme spread of 12fps for those 15 rounds. The two different Hornady Match 6.5CM loads that were present both had ES in high 20’s - low 30’s.
Yeah, In my experience the Federal Lake City ammo was just as good and I'll use Fed and Win Lake City nearly interchangeably. Fed Lake City is actually what I've always used for my AR if distances don't exceed 400y. After that I run the Hornady 73g ELDMs. They have not one single bit of POI difference at 50y and I like that. I mean zero. Through the same hole.

Yeah, In my experience the Federal Lake City ammo was just as good and I'll use Fed and Win Lake City nearly interchangeably. Fed Lake City is actually what I've always used for my AR if distances don't exceed 400y. After that I run the Hornady 73g ELDMs. They have not one single bit of POI difference at 50y and I like that. I mean zero. Through the same hole.

I’ve got several sealed cans of Federal Lake City M118LR. Great stuff. It’s all I‘ve ever run out of my JP Enterprises LRP-07.

Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra OTM was hard to beat. It shot sub .5 MOA out of my 308 right out of the box. Never varied from box to box. Even out my present rifle Federal rules. I tried Hornady match and was all over the place. Then hand loaded the same brass and same Hornady pills and shot sub MOA real close to half MOA. I have never had good luck with Hornady. 6.5 might have something with the ELD pills. I don't know but I will find out as soon as I can just a box. I have been looking for a month and found one damn round in stock.

Back
Top Bottom