Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norma Match

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Handloads!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Found a guy selling a huge lot of the Hornady Match. Might can get him down to $45/box. But he wants 10 box minimum per sale. If anyone is interested.
Keep your eyes on the shelves at Cabela's. I've snagged a total of 9 boxes from there over the past few months for $39.99/box. Consistency of inventory isn't there, but the price is right in the current climate and I'm slowly building my supply.

Hornady Match?

Keep your eyes on the shelves at Cabela's. I've snagged a total of 9 boxes from there over the past few months for $39.99/box. Consistency of inventory isn't there, but the price is right in the current climate and I'm slowly building my supply.

Hornady Match?
Yep yep :)

I also lucked into 2 boxes of S&B FMJ for $21.99/box at Cherokee Gun & Pawn a few months back. Haven't seen any 6.5CR there since then though.

Attachments

• 20211216_174155.jpg
    20211216_174155.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 6
How's your experience with the S&B? Heard it's pretty accurate for FMJ.
I've only ran it at 25 and 50 yards as fouling shots, so I can't speak to its accuracy all that much. Didn't pull velocity on it either. It makes a proper mess of watermelons and Gatorade bottles though haha

I've got a box of norma match... any idea how it blew up a trigger tech?

Yeah it’s a known issue with trigger tech and over pressured ammo. They have it as an example in their issues section of their website. The primer was pierced and it blew back into the bolt face, striking the firing pin, and breaking the hammer and damaging the sear.

In no way am I saying Norma ammo is bad or trigger techs are not reliable. We only fired one box of Norma Match small primer and this was the result after 3-5 shots. We looked at the other fired shots and they all exhibited pressure signs. Sample size is too small for anything conclusive about Norma ammo.

Rifle was a Collier built defiance deviant PRS gun in 6.5CM.

I have shot all the other factory loaded offerings the OP has listed with great accuracy out of my custom rifles and my buddies custom 6.5CMs with great success. ~ 1 MOA or less for 5 shot groups. The Norma Match was the only negative experience I’ve had.

Back
Top Bottom